Recruiting UK/EU: Research on couples who take MDMA together

sunrise_celine

Greenlighter
Have you taken MDMA with your partner five times or more? If so, it would be great to hear from you!

I'm completing PhD research at London Southbank University, which is looking at people's experiences of taking ecstasy with their partner and how they feel this has affected their relationship. The study is qualitative and would involve writing/talking about your experiences.

It is largely UK-based but there are still parts of the research that could be done if you're living outside of the UK, particularly in the EU.

All contact will be completely confidential. If you are interested or would like to know more, please pm me or email me at: [email protected]. Thanks!

All the best,

Katie

Last edited:
I have a story that might be interesting.

Me and my girlfriend took MDMA together just one time. Things weren't going so well and she was totally anti-drugs, I told her I believe in MDMA therapy. I asked her if she wanted to try it just once, and she told me no. After just a couple of weeks we broke off, not in a rude way, but I gave her a few tips on getting on and we still will have contact and we still can hang out. She didn't really knew what to think about that, which is understandable but suddenly after a week I got texted by her and she asked me if I still wanted to do MDMA with her. I thought about it, and even tho I was missing her but not thinking of getting her back, I gave it a try.

When we did it, and the MDMA finally kicked in (take not she had only experience with alcohol and weed) she started to feel a wave of anxiety. She was overwhelmed by its effect. So much that she cried, I took her for a walk and told her about us, life and the bigger picture of this whole universal world. I told her my beliefs about God and stuff. We got into deep conversations about how our relationship has been and feelings for each other. She told me since the break up shes been feeling like shit and never cried so much. I told her that it is just how life is at the moment, we both want to explore and experience in our younger ages, she agreed. And I must say, I understand her well, if she went out and tried all kinda sort of drugs with unknow boys I would feel sad too. It got to hanging and texting everyday with a new female friend, nothing actually happened and I wasnt trying. I told her, if we both love ourselfs and each other, we can make it. I gave her a few tips on she can build a new life, and the examples I told her, she totally understood what I was saying.

She actually changed a lot, she became a confident women. Truely, and we still had contact and each time I saw her getting up there it made me feel good.
Then a time came, I got to her and asked her if she still wants me back in her life, because I still do want her. We gave it a try and we actually now truely understand each other and things turned the positive way. I can say MDMA made the connection between us stronger.