• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Levels of MDMA vary by more than 250% in the same batch of ecstasy tablets

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
MDMA: Why it's 'impossible' to know how the drug affects you
BBC
May 1st, 2019

More than 650 seized ecstasy tablets were tested in a study by Queen Mary University and experts at St George's University in London.

It found that levels of MDMA, the active drug in ecstasy, varied by more than 250% in the same batch.

Scientists also found a huge difference in how long it took the tablets to release MDMA into the body.

They claim it's the first time ecstasy tablets have been found to disintegrate at different rates.

"Fast releasing" tablets released 95% of their MDMA within 30 minutes, according to the study, with slower ones taking 100 minutes - which they warn increases the likelihood of someone taking a second dose before the effects of the first are fully experienced.

Read the full story here.

Of course, this is just one batch, so who knows how representative it is of the average batch of tablets.

Someone's obviously been saving up their pocket money and brought a pill press off the naughty net

I remember the last one I took was exorbitantly intense and I was like, holy shit, I didn't know they were making them like this anymore. Lol.