• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Conservative leadership candidate Michael Gove admits to taking cocaine on 'several occasions'

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Michael Gove admits to taking cocaine on 'several occasions'
Mattha Busby and Damien Gayle
The Guardian
June 8th, 2019
Michael Gove has admitted to taking cocaine, joining fellow Tory leadership contenders in confessing to drug use.

“I took drugs on several occasions at social events more than 20 years ago,” he told the Daily Mail. “At the time I was a young journalist. It was a mistake. I look back and I think, I wish I hadn’t done that.”

The admission comes as Theresa May spends the final days of her premiership in Downing Street, with a number of the prime minister’s Conservative colleagues vying to replace her.

Gove, whom the bookmakers have as third in the race behind Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt, insisted his past crimes should not be held against him in the leadership race. “I don’t believe that past mistakes disqualify you,” Gove said.

The Green party MP Caroline Lucas tweeted: “Rank hypocrisy of minister admitting to ‘mistakes’ on drug use while backing policies that perpetuate harm. From locking up disproportionate number of young, black men, to treating drug misuse as crime rather than health issue, prohibition fails us all.”
Read the full story here.

Yeh, they're all coming out of the woodwork now mate - the hypocritical bastards!

The funniest one was Boris Johnson who recently said that that he was offered cocaine 'once', but he sneezed so it didn't go up his nose. If you expect us to believe that Boris, then you're obviously a bigger buffoon than we already think you are.

This is yet another example of what a lying twat he is, because in 2007 he apparently admitted yo taking the drug, but it didn't work. See attached:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/politicians-drug-use-gove-cocaine-history-confession-clinton-obama-a8950456.html?amp

Not surprised about Gove - fucker looks permanently wired to me

Boris talking utter and complete shite? Naaaaa, never ;)

I don't know about Gove, but I'd bet my bollocks that Boris is still doing coke on the regular.