• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Types of RC

Jamshyd said:
I'm just waiting for MGS to comment on the thread title and the OP ;)

I'm quite amazed he hasn't commented either - maybe it's reached the point where he's so pissed off about the whole affair he's just choosing to ignore it rather than get needlessly worked up (I can think of a couple of topics that I've done that with)

Yeah. Though, I never liked the term 'research chemicals' much too. I refer to them as contemporary psychedelics (and the old, popular ones as classical psychedelics).

Jamshyd said:
I'm just waiting for MGS to comment on the thread title and the OP ;)

Also, I am sickened by how people are getting erections over superpotent fentanyl analogues. It is not that exciting, seeing how short they last. I think people better start making more long-lasting opioids, even if they are 500mg/dose.

What? Man read some journals. Go pubmed Lofentanil (or 'yl) if you want 'long lasting' but long lastin opioids = less fun. Lofy is not currently scheduled specifly and is something like 6000x Mphine and lasts some absurd amount of time of up to a day.

But big part of opioids is the rush, thats why people IV, the rush, and for a rush, the faster it hits you the better, and the shorter it lasts means the sooner you get to have a rush again, without dying afterwards.

Dissociative RC's would be nice too see too.

I think it is more a matter if becoming desensitized. I have read the thread three times, and didn't even think of it (or notice) until now.

I can not comment because my town doesn't carry RC products of any sort, so I don't know what is out there. I do have a soda-website bookmarked, and they only have two types...regular and diet.

I think there will come a time when people have to make their selection on the basis of what is already in the catalog rather than continuously trying to find new stuff just for the sake of it being unexplored.

omen_owen mk2 said:
Why is it that the vast majority of RC's are of the hallucinogenic or hallucinogenic stimulant type? Why don't we see people bashing out analogues of barbituates, opiates, benzos and other downers?
I think this stems from the fundamental difference in the characteristics of psychedellics and downers. Psychedellics have the purpose of opening your mind, making you more aware. Downers have the purpose of closing your mind, basically making you less aware.

I find it quite logical that there are more ways to further develop something than there are to restrict that something, so to speak. In theory, expanding something can be done infinitely while reducing something can not.

Basically, downers promote a specific feeling (happiness/contentment) in the user while psychedelics do not promote one specific feeling but rather the entire spectrum of feelings. Given their diversity it just seems more interesting to play with psychedellics than with downers.

Last edited:
Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
What? Man read some journals. Go pubmed Lofentanil (or 'yl) if you want 'long lasting' but long lastin opioids = less fun. Lofy is not currently scheduled specifly and is something like 6000x Mphine and lasts some absurd amount of time of up to a day.

But big part of opioids is the rush, thats why people IV, the rush, and for a rush, the faster it hits you the better, and the shorter it lasts means the sooner you get to have a rush again, without dying afterwards.

Dissociative RC's would be nice too see too.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I guess the rush vs duration thing is a matter of taste. To my knowledge, the "rush" from Carfentanyl is basically a blackout. I imagine something stronger will not end up anywhere better. I guess in that case they would be no different than propofol. But I could be wrong, of course. Re: long duration, I just think it is a good thing because that way you'd be on an opioid for a long time without the need to redose and I imagine tolerance would not build up as quickly...

I would think a combined opioid/NMDA antagonist would be interesting. Supposedly Methadone and Pentazocine are as such, but I never had experience with those...

Do you really think carfy would wind-up in group II of the scheduling system if it had exquisite recreational potential?

NMDA antagonism? That drug that is similar to mehadone but has the propionyl group replaced by a tertiary hydroxy can do this I think.

To the guy who said opioids can only be used for the function of happyness - i disagree. There are lots of opioid receptors in the brain, some of them can even make you hallucinate. In fact salvia is an opioid agonist at the kappa receptor.

51144LSD_vs_salv.jpg

Last edited:
Jamshyd said:

I would think a combined opioid/NMDA antagonist would be interesting. Supposedly Methadone and Pentazocine are as such, but I never had experience with those...

Search Ketobemidone... thats supposedly like the most habit formin substance, its an NMDA anatagonist with high opioid activity as well.

As to RC downers well, theres technically thousands.. some are peptides and 100% legal even if you shot it up right infront of 10 cops, others might not be scheduled but are still guaranteed to get you in jail

I think there will come a time when people have to make their selection on the basis of what is already in the catalog rather than continuously trying to find new stuff just for the sake of it being unexplored.
What do you think...? Several suppliers might be about thinking what the hell people want?

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
Search Ketobemidone... thats supposedly like the most habit formin substance, its an NMDA anatagonist with high opioid activity as well.
Yep, I forgot to mention this one too, as well as Lefetamine. All very interesting. (I guess I meant it would be cool to see more research in that area) :)

Ketobemidone has NMDA antagonist activity? That might well make it the ideal opioid for terminal care... very slow development of tolerance, extremely good analgesic profile (comparable with diamorphine) and the welcome euphoria potential for people dying from a frightening & painful disease

^
I beleive it is just that.

But the addiction part of it made the US freakout and I recall reading they put quiet a bit of effort into forcing most if not all the production worldwide to a hault.

its even got its own website www.ketobemidone.com LOL but I dont understand why somone would pay the cash to run that seemingly pointless site.

Haha, that site is part of that huge Hedweb/BLTC enterprise. They seem to have some rather creepy agenda behind them but their pages can be ammusing and informative at times..

Would you mind posting a reference for that chart. It's pretty cool and I'd like to have the full journal article.

Smyth said:
Do you really think carfy would wind-up in group II of the scheduling system if it had exquisite recreational potential?

NMDA antagonism? That drug that is similar to mehadone but has the propionyl group replaced by a tertiary hydroxy can do this I think.

To the guy who said opioids can only be used for the function of happyness - i disagree. There are lots of opioid receptors in the brain, some of them can even make you hallucinate. In fact salvia is an opioid agonist at the kappa receptor.

51144LSD_vs_salv.jpg

Roth BL, Baner K, Westkaemper R, Siebert D, Rice KC, Steinberg S, Ernsberger P, Rothman RB.
Salvinorin A: a potent naturally occurring nonnitrogenous kappa opioid selective agonist.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Sep 3;99(18):11934-9. Epub 2002 Aug 21.

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:

As to RC downers well, theres technically thousands.. some are peptides and 100% legal even if you shot it up right infront of 10 cops, others might not be scheduled but are still guaranteed to get you in jail
Anyone know if that is true? Whe have plenty of it here, but people rather use Heroin than Ketobemidone.