Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: crash (starz)

wanderlust

Bluelighter
crash

Like the 2004 film "Crash" and the 1993 movie "Short Cuts," "Crash" the series is an ever-tightening web of events that squeezes seemingly unconnected characters together. With 13 episodes to fill, the series' characters take their time about intersecting. "Most of the story lines come together in episode six," Mazzara says.

pretty much just based on the same racially charged relationships evovling in l.a. as the movie.... but with only one big name- dennis hopper. and of course the man goes crazy as he always does.
but...
Yet the TV version does not play as noir, or darkly despairing, as the movie did."It has a lot of absurdist humor, like `Short Cuts,' " Mazzara says. "It has more hope than a noir piece. It's less cynical."
Plus, "we won't have the racial fight of the week," says Don Cheadle, who starred in the film, was also a producer, and is a co-executive producer on the series. "When people talk about the movie, they're always focused on its racial aspect. But I thought it was a movie about power and people scared that they're losing it and desperate to get it from other people. Those deeper themes are very much a part of the series."

right now on the starz website you can watch the first two episodes.

dennis hopper to star in crash

I was completely shocked when I saw the ad in Rolling Stone. It's a perfect example of taking a great piece of film and trying to paste it haphazardly into another medium.

I have no idea how it's actually going to be, but my hopes aren't too high.