• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamine RC's: how often is too often?

ASquishyApple

Bluelighter
I saw the other thread on RC's but all the talk is on phenethylamines and I was hoping to get some info on tryptamines.

In short, the basic question is: Are there any possible negative long term effects from frequent tryptamine RC use? specifically, problems resulting from actual physical damage, chemical imbalances, etc. not psychological problems that may result from frequent psychedelic use in general.

Have there been any studies on this? Anecdotal evidence?

I'm specifically interested in 4-aco-dmt. I would assume it is very safe due to the majority of it being quickly metabolized into 4-ho-dmt, but since anecdotal evidence seems to prove that 4-aco-dmt exerts its own effects before being completely metabolized, are there any specific known risks associated with frequent use of 4-aco-dmt?

I plan on getting a phenethylamine the next time I get an RC, but if I find that I prefer 4-aco-dmt I would then venture into other tryptamines so any information on tryptamine RC's in general would be helpful.

Peace and love <3 Psychedelics (at least what I've experienced with 4-aco-dmt) are so beautiful. :)

Edit: By frequent use, I mean 3-4 times a week. I'm probably cutting back to 1-2 times a week now though unless there's good reason to cut back further.

the tryptamine RCs have about the same or less clinical research as the phen RCs.

as far as 4-aco-dmt, there is little reason to believe that it is any more dangerous than psilocin. acetic acid is completely harmless.

the other tryptamines i can't speak for.

as far as spacing out your trips? power to you for being able to trip four times a week, but i would feel a bit exhausted after that much frequency. even if you don't notice tolerance problems, you will eventually lose the novelty of the swirly state of mind. and it is a short step from there to forgetting what sober life was like.

i know you're more worried about the physical dangers, but personally the psychological ones are more scary. i'm in physical danger every day from pollution, cars, or terrorists (lol), but the things that will always affect me are those things i cannot unsee or unthink.

The 3-4 times a week was usually a very small dose (<10mg), but I have cut back to 1-2 times a week and will most likely just be using it once a week. If I do ever get into higher doses, I may cut back further. I'm more concerned with the physical dangers just so years from now anyone who preached anti-drug propaganda can't say "I told you so."

I see it more as the honeymoon phase for me right now. Once that wears off and they start to get less novel. I'll take a long break and then maybe return to occasional use depending on where life has me. That's basically what I did with weed and I don't see why this would be much different as there seems to be no physical dangers and there's no addicting properties, which are the two main turn offs for me with any drug use.

like the other poster said, there has been very very little research done on these chemicals. So its almost impossible to answer correctly if the chemicals are physically harmful to the body. I think the thing to worry about more in your situation is bodily exhaustion from tripping that many times a week, make sure you are eating well and hydrating plenty, any psychedelic (or any drug for that matter) can take a lot out of you.

there was a time when i was tripping that often (on acid and mushrooms though) and when you trip that often the magic seems to kinda dissipate. I feel no need to take psychs that often anymore, id rather respect them and take them infrequently and truly be taught something. Im not insinuating thats what you should do, i think most people into psychs go through a "heavy" period, just be healthy with your body and respect what its trying to tell you (and what the psychedelics are trying to tell you).

As a sidenote I dont have much experience with RC's, but ive found the phens (mescaline) are the ones that my body "wants" to take more often than is healthy, as opposed to tryptamines which seem to say "hold off there buddy, you just took me 5 days ago," that kinda thing.

take care.

"Just once a week"

Such restraint!

I hate to be sarcastic, and it's none of my business, but I really don't see that much use being pleasant after long; the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The reason psychedelic mindsets are so valuable has a lot to do with how -different- they are from how we usually think.

It's not a method to gain alternate perspectives if they are your usual perspectives. Of course, to each their own. If you can trip that often and gain from it, more power to you bro :)

i would say more than once a week is definitely overkill. but once a month is more like it

"Just once a week"

Such restraint!

I hate to be sarcastic, and it's none of my business, but I really don't see that much use being pleasant after long; the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The reason psychedelic mindsets are so valuable has a lot to do with how -different- they are from how we usually think.

It's not a method to gain alternate perspectives if they are your usual perspectives. Of course, to each their own. If you can trip that often and gain from it, more power to you bro :)

maybe its just me or maybe its just with 4-aco-dmt but i don't find the mindstate to be very different at all. again, this is with smaller doses. i rarely take the larger doses.

there is no scientific benchmark for a correlation between increased frequency of RC use and compounded negative effects...

hence the name:

RESEARCH CHEMICAL.

it hasnt had enough time to saturate the human population, to be observed in our physiology, or to have any insidious effects observed. LSD, psilocybe mushrooms, mescalin, etc, have all been heavily researched with human test subjects. RCs have not.

therefore there is no real way to answer the OP. I suggest you use sparingly. You have your whole life ahead of you - why cram all your psychedelic experiences into a few months/years?

Some will be much different than others as every chemical has its individual properties.

Any psychedelic acting on serotonin receptors, the density of these will decrease as they get used to the frequent stimulation from the drug. This could be called 'brain damage' but its not permanent, and they will replenish themselves, but the patterns of connection in which they do so will not be the same, possibly resulting in some long-term cognitive changes. It's my guess that the negative cognitive effects of psychedelic abuse are a result of the down-regulation, and will dissipate once the brain is given enough time to heal itself.

"Perma-fried" people are either misunderstood because their actions might differ from set-in-stone norms, and thus feared in some way (these ones are usually happier and don't care they are fried, only time they are identified as such is when someone else uses it in a negative connotation toward them) - or have some underlying mental condition that was increased by psychedelics and now blaming it on them, spreading that 'dont permafry yourself it just takes once' mentality when psychedelics were not _directly_ to blame in the first place.

If you were taking AMT once a week in a moderate dose you would probably deplete your serotonin to some degree as well as downregulating your receptors as it releases neurotransmitters, as well as binding to the serotonin receptor.