• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying To Kick H

Hunter S Mushroom

Greenlighter
I'm 48 hours off heroin. I constantly cold turkey it then relapse. I'm thinking about going to another country in a week just to get away from my dealers. I turned down a free bag of dope yesterday for the first time. Don't know what the point of this post is, just struggling. Thanks.

Hey Hunter. I hear ya there. I'm trying myself (and so far succeeding!) and am at about 48 hours myself. i've been inducted onto subs this week but my habit was so big the subs couldn't touch it and I've been going through pretty bad withdrawals regardless. Starting to get a little better though. Just remember how far you've come, 48 hours that's 2 days! I know when I was using heroin I could never make it 2 days (until now that is). Your'e so close to the other side of this. If you don't succeed you're just going to keep having to do this over and over again and it's going to be harder and harder each time (not to mention, your life will probably be way more fucked up than it is now). Congrats on turning down the free dope, that's pretty impressive. I deleted my dealer's numbers but they still have called me anyways...wondering where their money from me for the day was (I bought pretty much daily). But I've been strong, sent those calls straight to voicemail. You've gotta learn to stay strong on your home turf because even if you leave the country for a week, you will still come back home to the dealers and you may give into cravings. Try and forge a new life in your world. You don't have to go to those dealers, no one is forcing you to except you. As much as you want to go (and so do I believe me), there's NOTHING GOOD that will come from going back down that road. Keep these thoughts in your head as you try and maintain sobriety. That's what's keeping me going.

Another positive thought: think of all the cool shit and fun things you're gonna get to do now that you're not spending money on heroin. I was spending between $100-$250 a day on H (and I'm a paralegal, I don't make that good of money to begin with) and haven't spend much this week except the $100 on my weekly sub treatment and maybe another $60 on gas, cigs, coffee, little things. On a dope week, I would've spent probably 6 or 700 dollars already. I'm gonna used the money saved to go do something really cool once I get past this initial wd month.

Hey, Hunter! I hope you're still holding strong. Even though you might think 48hrs isn't that long...for people like us, that's an eternity. You should look at every little thing you're doing differently at the moment as a huge win. Take it minute by minute, day by day. Something I used to do when i felt like I was slipping and a second away from saying fuck it and using H again, I would say I'll wait just ten more minutes. And after those ten minutes, wait another ten. You are doing something amazing and it's hard and painful and sometimes almost impossibly so. Just hang on for ten minutes at a time. Sending you some good vibes, wherever you are.