• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Trying to go from shooting to sniffing.. Is it possible?

Tinapm

Greenlighter
Hey guys new to blue light here and happy to have finally joined, as throughout my teen and college years this has been a helpful resource as far as experimenting with stuff and etc. Anyway, can this be done? I have just started shooting 5 to 6 months ago and want to go back to sniffing because of obvious reasons. My tolerance is I guess moderate. I do 2 to 3 buns a day depending on quality and size usually 5 to 6 bag shots. Sometimes more depending on how strong or weak it is. Im prepared to have to do more and eventually bring it down hopefully. Has anyone else ever done this? Im starting this today and willing to at least give it a try. Im just tired of bruising my body and scar tissue and missing and having hard veins to hit. Plus summer is coming up and i know what to do if i can't wear tank tops because of ugly bruises and track marks. Any advice?

Last edited:
Yes you can switch to snorting, you may need to use more at first to keep withdrawals at bay. But you can also start tapering down as it appears you have a sizeable tolerance.

o fcourse its possible, sniffinfg is actually a better high imo lasts longer only problem is there is no rush.

Yeah^ I agree w that. And once I got that rush I had no desire to do it any other way. It sucks! But summers coming and realistically what am I going to do? Wear long sleeves in 90 degree weather? Wear foundation on my arms which im already sick of doing ? I'll just end up sweating it off. Ugh.

If course it's possible, you just have to be willing to give up shooting. I personally could no way go back to snorting or smoking like I used to because IVing is just so efficient, cheap, and easy. If I really cared about my health I would though.

If course it's possible, you just have to be willing to give up shooting. I personally could no way go back to snorting or smoking like I used to because IVing is just so efficient, cheap, and easy. If I really cared about my health I would though.

Yeah true I'd seriously have to do over a brick a day if I were snorting it. I am probably the worst I've ever been w dope right now. I haven't even tried detoxing or rehab again since I started shooting because I can't even make it to 24 hrs to take a suboxne. I always have money and I always have access to it and I probably won't quit anytime soon unfortunately. :(

No.. I'm weird about the whole things going in my butt thing. How do u even do that?
You use a plunger or something and, well...you just do it. I personally haven't because I just IV, but I suppose that is a safer alternative for those who fear the needle.

you dont need to use more to start to stay away from WD's but to actually catch a buzz, ABSOLUTELY!

thats why most people make the switch from snort to shoot; its why I did. I was sniffing a G at at time. then the needle came and I was getting 5 shots and almost a whole day worth of action vs. 5 mins worth of action. then the habit built and the needle ended up ruining me more than the straw/dollar bill.

it is so hard to go back because you remember/know that feeling (depending how long you shot for). you know that you will not catch it; or at least this is what happens based on what I see/hear/went through. I use suboxone nowadays but I still fuck up and need that needle once in a bit. its sick but there are days where I am fine and just read/see/write/look the wrong way/things/whatever, and boom, I have a needle in my arm and my man made another $$ off me.

I truly give it to those who got SOBER and stayed SOBER; using NOTHING, man. people who are not on the done', suboxone, etc. although, I dont consider done' or suboxone anything because I dont feel a damn thing on those but god bless those who beat this disease.

I know youre not asking for this but my best advice is to just GIVE IT ALL UP IF POSSIBLE! forget about making a switch; END IT ALL! make the switch from using to NOT USING if possible. I am 33 and its been ruining me forever and ever. I should have been married w/ money, house, cars, etc. but I am just living a 22yr old life by renting, older car, no wife, cant hold down certain things in life, and have to have a drug everyday to hold me "still".

do what you want but stay sober/get sober if possible. drugs FUCKED ME UP!