• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trouble getting off with oxycodone

ChaosInTheER

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, first off. This is my first time posting on this site so I'm very sorry if this is the wrong area or what have you. I've been a long time creeper on this site and love the community here, you guys have helped me not die numerous times lol.

So here we go, I've been a daily user of oxycodone for about 3 years now. Max daily dose = 240mg usually take around 190 a day. Never less than 150 at once to start. Always oral.
My issue is, I can take my dose and feel the beginnings of a nice high for about 20 minutes and then nothing. If I take more I sniff it so it'll kick in faster to help my current situation but I can be eating or sniffing all day long and never really reach what I'm looking for.. I have benzos but am leery about the combination as I'm not trying to fall out lol
Would it be dangers to take 200mg at once? Idk if daily total is safe to take at once?
I have tried common potentiation techniques, but I prefer the drug by its self anything else seems to give me mixed feelings about what I'm feeling lol
I'm not about using a needle as I'm sure it'd all be over the first time, I have very poor self control when it comes to oc.. I have never tried plugging but wouldn't be completely against it. The problem there is, as I'm sure many of you know, my bowels are rarely completely empty lol
Sorry about the long winded post, thanks in advance for any help! You guys all fucking rock. I'm hoping to hear from a few of the bl legends hehe ;)

Yeah bro, I was going to say if it was a time release brand those are hard to get high on, especially if you have a tolerance, kind of like yourself.

Only thing I can suggest is trying to wean down and lower your tolerance for it, or move to a stronger opiate.

What kind of oxycodone are you taking?
Yeah bro, I was going to say if it was a time release brand those are hard to get high on, especially if you have a tolerance, kind of like yourself.

Only thing I can suggest is trying to wean down and lower your tolerance for it, or move to a stronger opiate.

Okay so, say I started taking 80mg a day. Would my tolerance drop, or stay the same because I'm still dosing daily?

It would gradually drop as your body adjusts to the new amount of the drug you are taking. You gotta do it slowly tho, otherwise you may experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. It's a slow process.

Op, you're suffering from tolerance, happens to everybody.. Perpetual dose increases are inevitable. If you're tolerant to a single dose of 150mg, 200mg will be fine.

- Hopeless 7nos

It would gradually drop as your body adjusts to the new amount of the drug you are taking. You gotta do it slowly tho, otherwise you may experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. It's a slow process.

Well thanks for the input, If I wanted to try adding say Valium. Where do you think would be a good place to start I take it sporadically never taken over 25mg. Is it a better experience with it, or does it dampen it?

Op, you're suffering from tolerance, happens to everybody.. Perpetual dose increases are inevitable. If you're tolerant to a single dose of 150mg, 200mg will be fine.

- Hopeless 7nos

I'm aware of tolerance, I mean I didn't get that bad over night lol
Thanks tho I'll probably try 200 today. :) hopefully it'll get me where I want lol
Now if I wanted to add Valium to help save oc would that be worth while? I've had mixed experiences with it in the past, because I'm not sure of proper dosing.

Mixing benzos and high doses of opiates can be dangerous due to respiratory depression issues. When I decide I want to mix a benzo with my opiates, I usually cut the opiate dose by a ⅓ of my normal dose, then see how it makes me feel. So say my normal dose of oxycodone would be 90mg, but I want to take 1mg xanax with it. I would take 30mg oxycodone with the xanax.

Valium isn't as strong as xanax, and oral consumption of oxycodone isn't as strong as shooting heroin, but I am just saying if you are going to mix a benzo with an opiate it is recommended to decrease the dose of the opiate substantially. Just to be safe.