• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tripping with a mental illness

plotinus

Greenlighter
I was a big fan of psychedelics throughout my youth, I'm 34 now and I still feel like I haven't learned everything from what I should or felt I had when I used them. I used mushrooms and acid with heavy weed use around 15. I have a lot of stuff saved up mostly MDMA and LSD as those were the 2 I had trouble getting the most difficult. I take antipsychotics (depakote) and mood stabilizer (lithium) and last time I tried DOM I went into a coma. So I have been sober for about 2 years now but the thought that keeps coming back is am I supposed to be completely done? Was it just the combinastion of other meds that was the issue (i.e. LSD and lithium is lethal). I'm "stable" at University and I have about 2 - 3 classes left before my bachelors of which I've been working on since 2006 (lots of hospitalization trips).

Dom is an amphetamine based hallucinagenic correct? I think I remember doing it. I had horrible sleep paralysis after it and I was on an anti psychotic (idk what one it was some random ones I was just eating to eat that my friend had). Could be coincidence. I'd say for sure don't do any substance that when u look it up you it only shows u the chemical formula combined with medications that affect the chemical makeup in ur mind. 🤣 I'd say make sure ur not taking any medication and probably hadn't taken any for atleast a few weeks preferably a month or two.

The trip off it was badass tho. Me and a girl laid in bed didn't move one time just looking into each other's eyes and hallucinated like a mfer whole galaxys in each other's eyes.

Depakote is not an anti-psychotic , it's more of an epilepsy drug that is also used for depression and anxiety.

Candy flip
Remember it's important of surroundings and state of mind
Have on hand the drug that can instantly shut down a bad trip LSD but the XTC turns it into a good trip

I know certain psych meds including antipsychotics will actually completely block a trip. I've been on 30mg of abilify and once at several tabs of LSD and it didn't affect me in the slightest. I didn't know if it was fake LSD or my medication but I think it was my meds. Lithium and other mood stabilizers may have the same effects.

I know certain psych meds including antipsychotics will actually completely block a trip. I've been on 30mg of abilify and once at several tabs of LSD and it didn't affect me in the slightest. I didn't know if it was fake LSD or my medication but I think it was my meds. Lithium and other mood stabilizers may have the same effects.
I sucessfully tripped on abilify , but i'd have to take upwards of 5-6 blotters to get a decent trip , same with risperidone.

That being said 30 mg is a high dose , you might need even more to break through that.

I knew two people who tried shrooms or acid and had underlying psychiatric problems. It didn't end well, their trips turned into psychotic episodes. The first guy took mushrooms and was dragged into an ambulance by police because he trashed his apartment and threatened or rather frightened other people living in the apartment block. The other guy went completely nuts for many weeks after taking acid and never fully recovered.

You don't want to play with your mental health. MDMA should be far less of an issue, though.

So I have been sober for about 2 years now but the thought that keeps coming back is am I supposed to be completely done?
Completely done?
As in what? Injecting Pure Salvinorin A?
Where do you want to draw the line?

Tripping shows you just one side of "real-ity" & opens one door, you can walk thorugh it but after some time you need to turn your back on it.

NOTHING Is WORSE than these old guys who bang on about their acid trips back in the 60's or these New-age Youtube people who take Yage a few times & they get trapped in that view & think they know "God" or something like that.
Last trip I had was over 5 years ago smoking N,N-DMT, I have no desire to ever trip again, the book was closed the day I did that stuff.

Last trip I had was over 5 years ago smoking N,N-DMT, I have no desire to ever trip again, the book was closed the day I did that stuff.

I hear you. I once injected a decent amount of racemic ketamine into my thigh muscle, probably 150mg. The K totally dissolved my ego. Felt like an eternity, trapped in some black void/vortex, I didn't even understand or remember who I was, let alone where and why. Scary, trauma inducing shit. Never did any K again. Shrooms or LSD are benign and playful substances compared to Ketamine.

The K totally dissolved my ego. Felt like an eternity, trapped in some black void/vortex, I didn't even understand or remember who I was, let alone where and why. Scary, trauma inducing shit.
I've been there before on MXE
I came trapped in a Dimension ran by Robot Geisha hyperspace things, they warned me they would keep me in that Dimension if I ever went there again on 4-MeO-PCP.
I have so many experiences, I merged with an Aztec Pyramid on Salvia etc etc.................
Yes they may have been scary at the time BUT no matter how horrific a trip has been I've always been able to pull a lesson out of it to better myself, you can only go so far with that stuff though.

It was Ken Kesey who said we have to go BEYOND Acid in the late 1960's ;)

Shrooms or LSD are benign and playful substances compared to Ketamine.
Ketamine for me & MXE were vital to life.
I'm very dyspraxic & I'd do Ketamine, MXE & even 4-MeO-PCP in huge doses, not only to get out of my body but to function like most people take as granted.

I knew two people who tried shrooms or acid and had underlying psychiatric problems. It didn't end well, their trips turned into psychotic episodes. The first guy took mushrooms and was dragged into an ambulance by police because he trashed his apartment and threatened or rather frightened other people living in the apartment block. The other guy went completely nuts for many weeks after taking acid and never fully recovered.

You don't want to play with your mental health. MDMA should be far less of an issue, though.
Very good point I forgot to mention, thanks. In the interests of Harm Reduction, using psychedelics with underlying psychiatric issues is normally not a good idea.