• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tricyclics after MDMA

AlexxRed

Bluelighter
From what I've read here it seems that using an SSRI after taking MDMA does nothing to prevent neurotoxicity.

Would there be any benefit (other than getting good sleep) by using Tricyclics after MDMA to aid recovery, boost serotonin levels or assist with neurotoxicity.

Cheers

Alex

Well i dont know if taking a tricyclic after doing mdma would do anything to boost serotonin levels or prevent neurotoxicity but it could be abit rough on your heart. Most tricyclics have some degree of cardio-toxicity and mdma is a stimulant so im guess that mixing the 2 would increase the chances of something going wrong with your heart.

Probley nothing bad would happen but it might be a bad idea to mix those drugs. There are alot safer sedatives to use if you want a good nights sleep after taking mdma.

Depends on the tricyclic... if its a serotoninergic one it will... some of them have no serotonergic effects...

But ultimately SSRIs have very limited effected unless you take them close enough to your roll to end it... Personally, I'd be more likely to take it to end the roll, rather than any possible neuroprotective effect.

Nah tricyclics would not help with this. It might help someone who is strung out get some zzz's but not on the tail end of a roll.

What u are calling for would basically lie in the area of a nutritional supplement rather than there being a simple poly-pharmacological rationalization.

Eat plenty of lettuce