• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Tramadol for getting off Subs

Bluelighter
Been stuck at 2mg of Sub for a year. From my 14 30s a day habit. I went straight from the 30s to 2mg and it’s worked so far . I’m fully aware going below 2 is tough. So my question is. Anyone use Trarmadol to get off suboxone. I’m fully aware of tramadol cons. Never go above 500ng, brain zaps, partial SSRI qualities. Ive kicked off of a 500-800mg tram many of time. Fully aware of what that’s like. Their cake compared to dirty 30s and Sub withdrawal. I’ve finally realized subs are just keeping me depressed. I have no emotion anymore.
The thought of going back to my 400mg oxy a day disgusts me and will never go back to that life. I just want my brain to really start to heal. Subs did their job. Got me out of that life. I’m ready to rebuild my new self or at least close to my old self. I just hate how subs make you a zombie. I’m 44 and also wondering if my Testosterone is gone cause of this junk. Any advice would help. I have a ton of tramadol. Never was my jam but it worked to hold me over during dark days. I’m really ready to start real recovery. Honestly 2mg works but it hasn’t done sh*t for cravings.
And is Tram a bad mix with benzos. Since I was going to use Xanax fir sleep on the bad nights. Xanax does nothing for me at all either Except make me sleepy. Or should i go the Kratom route. Thnx all. I can’t believe 1 year happened to fast when my goal was 3 months. I’m just ready to put this life behind me and work on real recovery instead of just treading water. I’ve chipped a few times in the past year and it just didn’t do anything for me except make me realize whats the point. It will take so much to feed the gorilla it’s pointless. Ironically people have voiced their concern more since I’ve been on subs with my depression and anadonea than when I was abusing oxy.
So simply can I use tramadol to get off subs? I know there’s no free lunch On this ride.

Congrats on all the hard work you put in to get off the oxys and stabilize with subs. Sounds like you did indeed get your life back.

Trams and benzos will certainly get you over the hump of sub detox. The benzo just for sleep and the trams during the day. Probably won't take away all of the WD but it will make you feel less shitty that's for sure.

Go for it. Give it a try. If it gets too bad you can always hop back on the subs and taper down further and then jump. Never know until you try.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I would imagine this should work like a charm..with trams having that SSRI or srni(i forget)in it as well to help lift u out of zombie depression from subs or withdrawal from subs..just try to get a few benzos on deck for the tramadol kick...its a nasty kick of it's own but at least it won't last as long as a sub detox.

Ppl have used weaker opioids to get off stronger ones for years..(using codeine instead of oxy therefore at the end only kicking codeine instead of dreadful oxy withdrawal.

Either way you are on the right track!