• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol effects

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello. I took 200mg tramadol about 2hr with about 0.5mg xanax (might be less). I have no opiate tolerance, but for some reason it takes me higher than normal doses (for a beginner) to feel anything. I tried 15 mg oxycodone and didn't feel anything really.

Right now (3 hours after taking it) I just feel very calm. Not like xanax calm, but emotionless. Neither happy nor sad. Music doesn't sound good, taling to people is meh, and any activity is less interesting than usual. I also don't feel any buzz or kick from high amount of nicotine (vape) right now. I was just wondering if this is what I am supposed to feel from tramadol? I feel comfortable but not particularly euphoric of happy. Just very calm, emotionless, and comfortable. It feels like I can't get excited from any activity that would normally be fun for me. Oh and I also feel very itchy, especially my nose and face.

Is it the SSRI effects of tramadol I'm feeling or the opiate buzz? or both? I want to increase the dose next time to actually feel euphoria without risking to have a seizure. I just wan't to know if this is the tramadol opiate "high" that i'm feeling. Or is it 0.5 mg xanax that dulled the effect? Or maybe it just doesn't work for me?

Thank you!

Oh and it kinda killed my sex drive and i can't get an erection

Tramadol isn't a great opioid for getting a euphoric, opioid high, esp if you're looking for an oxy type buzz. Tramadol is pretty different. For me anyways, in the beginning, it took a little trial and error dosing (not dangerous high doses for a beginner) to realize what I liked about them. It's definately more of a comfybuzz than your typical opioid high. Tramadol was the first opioid I used recreationally. Before that, I had a codeine cough syrup and a Vicodin script once but didn't think much of it, and didn't take it other than for its intended purpose. The first couple times with trams I didn't really like them. They made me feel lk shit the next day and didn't seem to do much. Prob my 4th time taking them around 250mg I had an amazing buzz and then I LOVED them, lol. However, I always felt that tramadol would take an extremely long time to feel it's full effects (sometimes up to 4 hrs)...it's kind of one that you have to play around with to get a feel for it. Because it is a minor opioid high in comparison to other, I always felt xanax would kind of take over and didn't synergize well with it. I had also not tried any other opioids for fun at the time, only Vicodin for actual pain so I didn't have much to compare it to. They always made me feel motivated, content, a bit warm and fuzzy and happy, prob happier than any other opioids I tried later on(prob due to the ssri effects). It isn't that uncommon for you to feel a bit numb, emotioneless and uninterested in normal activities you'de like due to its pain killing effect and prob due to you being a beginner and "looking" for that feeling instead of just letting it happen and experiencing it's subtly. After taking it pretty consistently (not recommended) the ssri effects balanced with the opioid effects are very pleasant. It may just be that you need to try different doses or different kinds. However, opioids just may not be your thing which is totally not a bad thing at all. Sorry for rambling lol. Hope this helps man. Stay safe out there and have a good night!

-E

P.S: It's completely normal to feel really itchy from opioids (antihistamines help but can also poteniate them, so be careful) and trams always killed my sex drive and erection as with most opioids and ssris. Very common.

Thanks man that was really helpful! Actually its kinda enjoyable for me. I feel content with everything. Mellow and happy music is quite enjoyable actually. I am actually in the same boat as u were before. Tramadol is the first opioid that I felt some time of high from. I wonder how it compares to oxy or hydro.
Also should would high amounts of nicotine (chain vaping) potentiate the buzz? It can't feel any burn or uncomfort in my throat like i usually do. And i also don't get any kick from it either haha

Tramadol is different from other opiates as it has an antidepressant component. I never really found any euphoria but it gave me an energy boost. I've done 15 years and am 9 days clean. I will tell you that for those of us with addictive personalities it's really easy to go from 10 a day to 20 (if you're me you end up at 50-60). Tramadol has by far the worst withdrawal of anything I've ever taken. Worse than hydro, worse than benzodiazepines.

To actually answer your question: vistaril is an excellent potentiator for tramadol & can bring on mild euphoria.

g_dan1 : DON'T get involved with Tramadol. If you are fortunate enough to enjoy the high they give you, you are unfortunate enough to face really, really bad withdrawals if you get into deep.

I've come off opiates and I've come off Tramadol. Tramadol withdrawal lasts for weeks, months and it's mostly psychological. Don't bother with it mate, honestly. Stay away from it like you would benzos.

UPDATE: I just took 300mg tramadol with 0.25mg klonopin over 2 hours. Initial dose 150mg and i kept taking 50mg every 20 mins. I also took 20 mg hydroxyzine with my initial dose and I was vaping this whole time (high nicotine content). All I'm feeling is an emotionless state again and itching. No euphoria at all. It feels like everything that i usually find fun (music, talking to ppl, video games) are just meh and not exciting at all. It gives me this weird feeling that I'm bored all of a sudden but not really in a bad way. I also can't feel the nicotine no matter how much i vape.

Is it just me or does anyone else not get high on tramadol? I assume that I DO have the neccessary enzyme to convert tramadol into its active opiate metabolite due to because of the itching that I'm feeling. are those normal effects of tramadol or is it just not for me? I 've never taken antidepressants, but i feel like thats the only effect I'm feeling with soe opiate itch. I do not feel speedy per se, but definetely more alert. However, I can still fall asleep right now with no trouble.

I would like to hear some more responses from you guys regarding the effects I'm experiencing from tramadol. Also feel free to share your own experience with it too :)
Thank you very much and have a good night!

Oh and my pupils are constricted so I assume I must be feeling some opiate effect too.

You want to be careful with tramadol because it's been known to cause seizures at higher doses. With all the nicotine you're vaping, I wouldn't be surprised you're not nauseated. Even low doses of tramadol give me a stomach ache. Also, it's peak effects usually occur within 2-4 hours so re-dosing after 20 minutes is a bit too soon. Be safe!

The klonopin might be causing or at least contributing to your emotionless state. Please reconsider your current drug use. Polydrug abuse is not a good road. i would look into kava or kratom if you're just trying to relax. kratom is still addictive, but it's not nearly as insidious as tramadol or klonopin.

Klonopin my itself makes me more social and outgoing. I only took it to prevent any risk of a seizure.

Drugs effect everyone differently. I can take 100mg of tramadol with a decent opiate tolerance and still get a warm, sociable mood along with a noticeable (albeit small) amount of euphoria.

For some reason it also increases my sex drive. I get weird paradoxical effects from a lot of drugs though for whatever reason.

Just don't take over 400 mgs and you'll be fine. Tramidol is a great opiate, especially with some hydroxyzine or diphenhydramine