The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Too damn cold!

XThexXTank

Bluelighter
The problem is that i love warm/hot weather. 70 degrees (round 20c) is the lowest i'll go. Now i live in Maryland and while its nice here during spring/summer, it gets too damn cold during winter/fall months.

So, where do you live? If you live in the states is it nice during the winter (meaning is it cold/hot). Im trynna find out because when i settle down on my own i can move to that state. I was thinking Florida or Texas. I have a friend down in Georgia now who says its still pretty hot but idk bout the winter months. So, whats good?

its depends where you go in texas

in Amarillo or out west its like bein in nebraska or some shit in terms of winter weather

even here in DFW we get plenty of sub 70 degree weather n usually about 1-3 snows on average with more ice storms on top of that

houston n brownsvill in are prob closer to what your thinkin of when u think of warm winter weather in tex but it gets fairly cold in most of texas, not Northern cold but we def get a kind of winter

florida or southern california would be better bets

^I had the impression because texas was in the south that it would be nice during the winter. Idk never been more south than north carolina n that was during summer vacation

i would go cali..florida gets too hot..cali does toor but there are places where its like 75 year round..but mainly id do it for the legalization for medical reasons and being on a beach

Come to Georgia, we have like a month or two of 30 degree weather then it's extremely hot 3/4ths of the time.

Florida bra lived there for 2 years I love the heat and its perfect in the winter and fall only had like 3 frosts the whole time I lived there and it warms up when the sun comes up. Move to the sunshine state.

If you want to live in Texas, go with Austin. The only place in texas I'll consider to be Legit. Great music scene, hot weather (too damn hot for me, I'm a cold weather person), lots of fine women, lots of lakes to fish, beautiful land west of austin, etc.

In the Dallas area in the winter for the majority of it, it is warm. What can make it feel cold is the wind. It can get kinda windy, so 52 degrees with the wind can suck. However, it is plenty warm most of the winter. Especially this past winter, it was super warm.

Totally agree with Austin being best place in Texas. Dallas isn't so bad, I've lived tons worse places... most recently connecticut, what a sh+t hole. The weather in Dallas is perfect this time of year though.

Yall are crazy. I'm not thrilled when it's 0 degrees outside or anything, but damn I'd never be able to live somewhere that it's hot all year. I need me some winter every year. I was pissed, there basically wasn't a winter here last year and that's fucked.

Totally agree with Austin being best place in Texas. Dallas isn't so bad, I've lived tons worse places... most recently connecticut, what a sh+t hole. The weather in Dallas is perfect this time of year though.

Lol I agree. I live in CT and it's a shithole for sure. Especially if you lived in the southwest part of the state (I live far east). I do like the weather here though, we get a good mix of both. We get both ends of the spectrum, real hot in the summer and real cold in winter. I bitch about it when I'm at either end of the extreme but it really is kind of cool being able to experience such different climates in the same area. There is a change of over 100o depending on what time of year it is. We can see below 0 and over 100. I could be in nothing but a pair of shorts and sweating my ass off like I'm gonna die, and 6 months later I could be in a huge jacket running inside to escape the cold and sit by a fire to keep warm. Kind of neat to mix it up like that when the seasons change. Right now it's my favorite time of year, not too hot and not too cold, the leaves are coming down and the air is nice and crisp. Too bad it's only getting colder from here.

Last edited:
I don't mind the cold as much as the heat. It's much easier to stay warm IMO. The cold can really suck if you have something to do outside though. It really sucks if all of the sudden you have to work on your car or something and it's 14 degrees out.