• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Tobacco Industry Forced to List Ingredients Used in Their Products

Cigarettes are very bad for you but distorting the truth to make this point insults the intelligence of the reader.

Distorting the truth as the article does harms the very real message that cigarettes are bad for you and very addictive.

totally agree. i've never met a smoker who was under any illusions that they aren't very unhealthy.

The article is misleading, but getting information to people is a good thing.
I have been waiting for a long time for this, actually.
Smokers may be pushed to realize what they are taking into their bodies.
I think that, when people see the shit they add to tobacco, either the number of smokers will go down, or the number of people smoking natural tobacco (without all the additives) will go up. Or both. And these are good things, as far as I'm concerned.

This should have happened 40 years ago. Regardless to all fellow nic fiends out their....

E cigs don't potentiate drugs or provide the same manor of pleasure whilst fuckered up.... Regardless I own a 70 dollar e cigarrette model and think it was well worth the price. Its known as N-Joy...

I dislike the magic government knowing just what is good for everybody,
I quit smoking, only took about 10 try's and 25 years. Finally after my last too much fun (hooked on meth) fling.
my lungs just won't tolerate smoking tobacco any longer, even smoking pipe tobacco is hard for me as I will inhale anything I'm smoking. I think people should smoke if they wish & I have never minded folks smoking in public. I don't believe listing the ingrediants will do much past sensationalizing the smoking of these "much deadly chemicals" for the kids, likely the same ages as those of us on here were, when we started lighting up. I do hope those former smokers can control the evil-hypocrite within and give the next few generations of first time smokers half the same grace (or, insert whatever that damn word is here) that was shown to us when we in that situation.

I got a pack from canada(im from the us) and the ingredients were listed on the pack along with a picture of lung cancer lol. if they start doing this in america ill just check the nicotine content on all the different kinds and start smoking the one with the most to get the best bang for my buck!

There's not much listed on the packs only a range of quantity for "Toxic emissions/unit:" Tar, Nicotine, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, hydrogen cyanide, benzene.

Player's BLACK pack is the worst one aka instant cancer.

I don't see how people can have a problem with this. I agree that the article is misleading but it makes perfect sense to list the ingredients on cigarettes just like anything else. More info for the customer is always better.

I don't see how people can have a problem with this. I agree that the article is misleading but it makes perfect sense to list the ingredients on cigarettes just like anything else. More info for the customer is always better.

Well Crankinit,
Please do tell where I can find the ingrediants for Paragoric,
I didn't see them listed, maybe "anything else" was a bit far
sweeping, much like when I'm done shopping & the cashier feels
the need to ask me if "I found Everything I needed"? Cause Lady,
I didn't see a prostitute aisle.

Last edited:
I don't smoke cigarettes
I dont smoke cigars
I dont smoke a Pipe pipe pipe
pipepipepipepipepipe..I dont smoke the Reefa! (i use a vape instead :p)

They do seem to me to be like 'Death sticks' though , as quoted on star wars episode II

"anybody wanna buy some death sticks?"
*Jedi mind power*
"You do not want to sell me death sticks"

Nothing really makes people kick the habit. There are people whose family members develop cancer due to first and secondhand smoke, and people still smoke. Hell, people WITH cancer still smoke cigarettes.

It would be like showing a heroin addict images of what will happen to them as they get deeper in - it's not going to stop them. That's what addiction is.

The article is misleading, but getting information to people is a good thing.

Getting information to people is definitely a good thing. Making stuff up and distoring the truth is not getting information to people. I'd love to see real information about the ingredients listed on cigarette packets (and everything else people consume).