• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

To walk Alone.

malakaix

Bluelighter
Do you feel in order to be truly free from oneself, one must walk alone? Not through isolation, but to walk Alone through life.

I feel it is one thing to experience unity with the Absolute, but to fully integrate this self-realization takes much time and suffering.. one must first go through a dark night of their soul whereby all attachments to this world are dissolved, all comforts removed, all identification diminished and the greatest sense of loneliness bestowed upon them before unification is realized at its highest, for some this may take a lifetime.

"It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth"

If you can imagine for a moment, the sensation experienced during a psychedelic journey or meditation, whereby all fears are confronted.. all reality begins to fade, a sense of dying permits itself before you and you are carried into infinity.. the Eternal Self is realized. But this is not a realization that is fully 'integrated', it does however set the course for an unfolding of the self over time in preparation to fully realize and experience the True Self through all action.

These are just my thoughts on the topic, through my own experience's, others experience's and what i understand to be the process of a spiritual awakening.

Last edited:
I think the reason such a connection with the absolute is never fully integrated, is because we are still in our bodies, occupying our niche of the material world. I don't think one should try to be free from oneself before it can actually happen, i.e. the moment of death. I think this is known as temperance, the ability to see the absolute, but not lose the totality of our existence to it until it comes for us at death.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "walking alone" in this case, but I suspect it's the notion that each person should follow the beliefs that resonate most within themselves?

I have the idea that one day i'll pack a bag and get on a plane never to return to england, or maybe travel england first living off the land, forraging, eating lots of dandelion, dock leaf, whatevers accross my path. i cerainly want a warmer country than England

I know a quote that may apply in this thread...

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Brilliant, anyone know of any tribes i could go searching for without being murdered. anyone wanna make a tribe?

I answered my own question today after experiencing a rather distressing crisis within myself, and realizing it's cause: myself.

My definition of what i meant by 'Alone' was accepting all responsibility for one's own being. Knowing that all suffering comes from within and all suffering can be relieved from within, searching for cause externally only serves to identify one's suffering with an object, therefor denying that suffering as your own and pushing it out of your awareness for it to pop up in other people, thus you walk alone.

I understood this, but it took until today for me to actually realize it through experience.. and suddenly all the pieces fell together i was able to pinpoint how i was causing my own misery.

I think the reason such a connection with the absolute is never fully integrated, is because we are still in our bodies, occupying our niche of the material world. I don't think one should try to be free from oneself before it can actually happen, i.e. the moment of death. I think this is known as temperance, the ability to see the absolute, but not lose the totality of our existence to it until it comes for us at death.

I would agree with you here, although i feel their is a self that bridges the infinite gap between physical and absolute, the physical is manifest, the absolute is un-manifest and we exist as both.. i do believe spirituality to be the process of transcending oneself to a mediator of the two, to share wisdom, compassion and love with all conscious beings.

I must admit as you progress further down this path, the innate desire to help people grows very strong, which is why the suffering although some dismiss it as unimportant i feel plays a very valuable role in been able to intimately relate to those in anguish.

I sort of solved and derailed my own thread, so im not sure what further purpose it will provide.. do as you wish. :)

Thankyou all for your input.

I want to live and follow primal instincts, im increasingly bored with city life

The only problem me me moving to AUS is the visa. Same with moving to south america though im sure i could lose myself pretty well in the amazon.

any more suggestions of where i could fuck off too?

The only problem me me moving to AUS is the visa. Same with moving to south america though im sure i could lose myself pretty well in the amazon.

any more suggestions of where i could fuck off too?

Spain maybe? I only say that because they are cannabis friendly.

My plan is to retire to Belieze. Real small country in Central America right under Mexico. The people are great, the women dont look bad for how poor the country is, shit is cheap, and they don't hate Americans! I've been there a few times and know some ex-pats that live and work down there. To me, their existence is heaven.

My definition of what i meant by 'Alone' was accepting all responsibility for one's own being. Knowing that all suffering comes from within and all suffering can be relieved from within, searching for cause externally only serves to identify one's suffering with an object, therefor denying that suffering as your own and pushing it out of your awareness for it to pop up in other people, thus you walk alone.

I understood this, but it took until today for me to actually realize it through experience.. and suddenly all the pieces fell together i was able to pinpoint how i was causing my own misery.

By this definition I have felt Alone for quite some time now. It has been anything but pleasant.

I came out of a trip about 6 months ago with the idea that I would take responsibility for every action I take, external or otherwise. I realised that every choice I made would affect both myself and the people around me. I realised that it is indeed possible to damage one's own life if careless - and I realised this isn't limited to the physical sense. I realised that I alone decide what actions I take. I realised that I am responsible for the consequences of every choice I make, no matter how trivial. I realised that I'm not just participating in this world - I am simultaneously creating it.

But above all that, I now realise that we are all like this; that the only difference between where I am and where someone is who does not "walk alone" is that I am aware of it. We may not all take on this responsibility consciously or at all, but this does not change the rules of causality. As such, we are all alone together. Each of us walks our own path in life, but only some of us see it.

Those of us who have awakened to the calling of self-discovery need not find ourselves in lament, for we are there for each other. We may indeed walk alone, but our experience is tied by a common thread - the insatiable search for truth.

Very nice post Raw Evil, that's helped me put it into clearer perspective.

Do you feel in order to be truly free from oneself, one must walk alone? Not through isolation, but to walk Alone through life.
Not only would my answer be yes, but I'd say everyone is doing that already.

It's the illusion that they aren't that is causing all the trouble.

In order to see the prophecy of the togetherness, you must awaken alone.

In essence, yes. When we spend too much time with other people, we lose that sight that is (I think) engraved in each of us. The less time we spend creating our own lights, the less light we have to work with.

You're your own best friend. But then again falling in love is just our realization were all one. Were all the same being beyond this reality. So walk alone or walk hand in hand, were all in it together.

^ Falling in love for some, I'm sure, helps the light to shine. For others, it may do the opposite.