• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

To heat or not to heat?

123bupe123

Greenlighter
So ive been blessed with 8mg buperenorphine tabs and the brand is small enough easily to for IV. Ive been doing it it with pretty good succuess but ive always wondered as to heating. I just crush, add water, stir, stir, add a little heat, not enough to boil but I do heat. It just seems intuitive. Now im talking about regular subutex, no-naloxone, bupe. Do I even need to heat? Will all the bupe be liberated? After I heat I stir again, add cotton ball, and draw.

The answer to your question, regarding whether or not you should heat your shot at all, is "no".

To heat or not to heat -- Not to heat. Please.

It occurs as a white, crystalline powder that is soluble 17 mg/mL in water and 42 mg/mL in alcohol at room temperature. The commercial injection has a pH in the range of 3.5 to 5.5. Regarding potency, 1.08 mg buprenorphine HCl is equivalent to 1.0 mg buprenorphine freebase.

That means at 60-80degress fahrenheit or whatever your temp is where youre at you can dissolve what you want INSTANTLY without any heat, just with room temp water. Hell, if you want to be extra 'careful', crush the pill, pour in the spoon, add water (if I am using a 1mL syringe, I would add 90 units extra cold water AKA 0.9mL so you have room to register), and then while you are mixing honestly that small amount of water will warm back to room temp plus helping some insoluble cuts perhaps stay out. You basically spray the water onto the powder and mix with the back of the syringe (only do this once per syringe) and it will get cloudy right away, possibly with some powder settling at the bottom. Keep mixing, mixing, mixing! And then draw up with the most amount oif cotton you can get. Try to get 85-90units back into your syringe. It should look opaque or perhaps even clear in the barrel before you take it. Once it's in the barrel, put the tip into a fresh thing of water and draw up another 1-2 units so that the tip isn't still filled up with the not-so-clean(not micron filtered) solution before you decide to inject. BTW, Better to get a micron filter (google it or PM me) before you continue with that. but at the same time should be fine. Please be safe

edit: another thing that helps, but perhaps not recommended, at least not before youre washing your mouth out, is once the cotton is all "sucked out" from your rig, take the cover of the tip itself and put it between your teeth, and press between your teeth and push into the cotton really hard and then try to draw up again (at the same time its pressed down), so you will be really close to the cooker tbh). And then maybe even take the cotton with the plunger of your rig (while still attached to the barrel) and try to wipe the spoon down, and then press it into with the cover of the tip and just keep trying to do that again. IDK thats what I try to do. Once you've got that end-solution, optimally you should be filtering it through a 0.22um micron-filter before injecting.

Last edited:
Shooting bupe is pretty awful for you no matter how you go about it but heating it has to be pretty bad. Having to heat anything to be able to shoot it is usually not a good sign

I hope people take my advice :D :D :D because its' the best other than if one has a 0.22um filter... and btw by the taking the point's cap between ones teeth i mean so you can push out the rest of the solution which is anywhere 3-10units Tbh...

Last edited:
Gotta say I read about another filtering method 'backloading' anld gave it a try. Cleanest, most potent shot I've got out of bupe yet. I crush the pill fine, slide it into a tablespoon, add 90-95 units water, (pull the pins out of two rigs 1mL all I got). Mix the solution as best possible then with a pinless barrel stick it direct l into center of solution and draw it all up, with the remaining tiny bit in spoon roll a cotton to wipe the spoon, stick the tip of barrel down hard on the cotton and pull the last maybe 3-5 units. You'll have the rae milky solution in that barrel. Then I take the other pinless barrel and roll two cottons and stuff them to the end with plunger (anymore cotton I found itll be too tight and you cant get that last 20-30 units through it). Then I take the the rig loaded with that milky solution, stick it in the back of this open rig w the cotton at the end and press all milky liquid into it. Now take this and with the plunger I push this milky sol. down through the cotton filled tip straight into the back of a clean useable good rig. It takes a little force but what you get is clear and as thin as purified water loaded and ready to go. I got a full return save maybe 1-3 units and it was the smoothest, strongest ive gotten out of an 8mg bupe. You gotta use the hi-teck brand though, all others are way too big in size unless tolerance will allow for like 0.5-2mg shots. Method worked great albeit took 3 syringes. Ill go this way for all pills in the future.

Does cotton really work? If you filter coffee with cotton then let the solution sit youll still get a precipitate.

It works somewhat, I dunno where but somewhere on this site/the internet there's a piece-by-piece comparison of different pills filtered thru 0.22um/unfiltered/cottonfiltered and I guess the consensus is that the cotton mostly helps you from scraping the needle on the spoon whilst drawing up. So I guess all these DIY methods is basically trying to re-create that same process, unsuccessfully.

Definitely never heat subutex. I have been doing them that way, a while now.. and no. Its best to use cool-room temp water, and just stir, without adding heat. ITs always recommended to use a micron filter when slamming pills, like subutex, but I have absolutely no access to them, and cannot order them online to be shipped to my home, my parents always get all the mail and packages that come here.

^That sucks. Maybe can ask a friend, to recieve the filters package for you?

Btw you guys look up Sterifilt's they are about as efficient as 0.22micron filters except way cheaper and way easier to use with a traditional insulin syringe

cannot order them online to be shipped to my home, my parents always get all the mail and packages that come here.

i feel your pain bro - after my mum found the shipment of b-fent nasal spray i had shipped from scandewedia they even check my letters now
RIP internet drugs : [

also i think someone mentioned backloading? i;m no expert but i;'m pretty sure that would result in a higher percentage of inert binding particulate accumulating in your rig and from there into your viens, so i wouldn't do it unless your gonna decant and filter it repeatedly

Yeah the cotton method doesn't barely filter out anything in a traditional spoon made shot, it's more so the needle's tip doesnt scrape the bottom of the spoon. Backloading in one and filtering thru it and into another, I guess that could be good with some types of things to get some of the more bigger/denser particulate matter out of them, but I wouldn't depend on it for methamphetamine or heroin or any other street drug who has a myriad of who knows what cuts inside it. Perhaps for pills/pharmaceuticals I could see this as a good method though, as long as you do the backload cotton filter method at least 2-3 times but who the hell wants to waste their time with that. Just get sterifilt filters