• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips for smooth amphetamine recovery

The High Guy

Bluelighter
I’m preparing for a come down and recovery off of meth, I’ve done this many time before but usually the crash is pretty unforgiving after such heavy long term usage. I’ll end up sleeping for days, and not participating to my fullest at home or at work. I need to minimize this as much as possible.
I’m a high functioning individual, and although my usage has given me that extra functioning boost for the past few months, I am expecting a new member of the family in about a month and I would much rather be sober for this experience.
Any tips or tricks to land this plane seamlessly (or at least not crash so hard) would be helpful. Types of foods to eat, things I should do, things I should avoid, etc.

So far my strategy is to step down my usage day by day for a few days until I’ve progressed to taking only one hit in the morning. During this time I will start supplementing 5-HTP for mood support, increasing caffeine obviously, and eating high energy foods such as seeds and nuts while trying not to eat like crazy.
Forcing myself back into my daily gym routine I feel is crucial, esp since at this point my body will become instantly anabolic.
This is the basics for my strategy, if anyone has anything that’s worked well in their experience for either minimizing the crash or shortening it, please feel free to share. After several months of regular daily use, I’m sure I’ll need any extra advantage I can get.

Vitamin C. People underestimate how important this is to amp comedowns and recovery. Take a large dose daily for maybe a week, 2000 mg.

Lets not forget to eat protein ( chicken is godly) to replenish dopamine, especially at end of comedown to ease the crash and can help you sleep!

Any other tips for the comedown/crash? What quick, easy foods should I have on hand that you recommend? What should I do to ease back into life? Can someone give me a plan that has worked for them?I’ve been on an 8 day binge. I’m finishing what I have tomorrow and plan to take Friday off so I’ll have 3 days to sleep. I’m not looking forward to it, but I can’t keep going like this. Thanks in advance.

Any other tips for the comedown/crash? What quick, easy foods should I have on hand that you recommend? What should I do to ease back into life? Can someone give me a plan that has worked for them?I’ve been on an 8 day binge. I’m finishing what I have tomorrow and plan to take Friday off so I’ll have 3 days to sleep. I’m not looking forward to it, but I can’t keep going like this. Thanks in advance.
@Sweet Jane78:
Try to get lots of decent-quality sleep without using anything too psychoactive like benzos, alcohol, or Z-drugs. Take (from most to least important in terms of amp recovery) Magnesium (Bis?)glycinate, Vitamin C (Thanks @OpiateKiller) Zinc (Bis?)glycinate, Vitamin D, B12, and maybe (if you can get them) L-theanine and NAC. L-tyrosine can also help with replenishing dopamine. Drink lots of water, try to eat full meals and go for short walks daily if possible (Though intensive exercise would be ideal once you are able to do so.)

@Sweet Jane78:
Try to get lots of decent-quality sleep without using anything too psychoactive like benzos, alcohol, or Z-drugs. Take (from most to least important in terms of amp recovery) Magnesium (Bis?)glycinate, Vitamin C (Thanks @OpiateKiller) Zinc (Bis?)glycinate, Vitamin D, B12, and maybe (if you can get them) L-theanine and NAC. L-tyrosine can also help with replenishing dopamine. Drink lots of water, try to eat full meals and go for short walks daily if possible (Though intensive exercise would be ideal once you are able to do so.)
Thanks you very much. Why not take benzos? What foods that are quick and easy do you recommend I have on hand? Do you have any go-tos? In the past I’ve just slept without waking up to drink or eat much because I’m so tired. I’m trying to get through this in a better way than I have in the past.

Benzos aren't unappealing when you're in come-down mode IMO...I've seen people on this site say things like no don't take them, but...just speaking personally, sometimes (but not always) they'd be a welcome end to a long-term experience with either stimulant or psychedelic-hallucinogen drugs. I'd usually go with something light like 5-10 mgs diazepam while resting and watching some TV, maybe eating some food I enjoy like pizza or pasta...then I'd pass out and sleep for 12-24 hours lol

So, my come-down advice is, do more drugs, eat rich food & get an excessive amount of sleep lol. That's just for the immediate "crash" part of it, as far as long-term solutions go people have suggested some good stuff, exercise, stay hydrated, eat a well-balanced diet...you know the drill ;)

Why not take benzos?
They tend to harm sleep quality. Don't have any personal experience using them for comedowns, though.

What foods that are quick and easy do you recommend I have on hand?
My number one suggestion is herbal tea. Avoid green and black tea due to their caffeine content. I personally like to make a pot of lemon ginger tea with a spoon or two unpasteurized honey. Works well for withdrawals, the flu, and Covid.

As for actual food: whatever you can get down is good.

But obviously healthy, natural foods are best. Fruits like bananas, apples, oranges, peaches, mangoes, and berries (Will also give you plenty of Vitamin C). If you get appetite suppression, juice is great (Just make sure you have the energy to climb out of bed and brush your teeth after, juice can fuck up teeth surprisingly quick.) Maybe some broccoli if that's your thing. @Zonxx's suggestion of chicken is great, as is all meat (Prepare them ahead of time.) If you aren't allergic/sensitive to them, nuts. Really, anything that you eat regularly that is somewhat healthy is fine. Even frozen pizzas. What matters most here is eating, not having what you do eat be healthy.

They tend to harm sleep quality. Don't have any personal experience using them for comedowns, though.

My number one suggestion is herbal tea. Avoid green and black tea due to their caffeine content. I personally like to make a pot of lemon ginger tea with a spoon or two unpasteurized honey. Works well for withdrawals, the flu, and Covid.

As for actual food: whatever you can get down is good.

But obviously healthy, natural foods are best. Fruits like bananas, apples, oranges, peaches, mangoes, and berries (Will also give you plenty of Vitamin C). If you get appetite suppression, juice is great (Just make sure you have the energy to climb out of bed and brush your teeth after, juice can fuck up teeth surprisingly quick.) Maybe some broccoli if that's your thing. @Zonxx's suggestion of chicken is great, as is all meat (Prepare them ahead of time.) If you aren't allergic/sensitive to them, nuts. Really, anything that you eat regularly that is somewhat healthy is fine. Even frozen pizzas. What matters most here is eating, not having what you do eat be healthy.
Ok. Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it.

Benzos aren't unappealing when you're in come-down mode IMO...I've seen people on this site say things like no don't take them, but...just speaking personally, sometimes (but not always) they'd be a welcome end to a long-term experience with either stimulant or psychedelic-hallucinogen drugs. I'd usually go with something light like 5-10 mgs diazepam while resting and watching some TV, maybe eating some food I enjoy like pizza or pasta...then I'd pass out and sleep for 12-24 hours lol

So, my come-down advice is, do more drugs, eat rich food & get an excessive amount of sleep lol. That's just for the immediate "crash" part of it, as far as long-term solutions go people have suggested some good stuff, exercise, stay hydrated, eat a well-balanced diet...you know the drill ;)
Ha! Sounds good. Thanks