Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin Time to seriously try and quit for good

Hotncold

Greenlighter
I really want to quit heroin for good. I can see that it’s a dead end road that leads to nothing but chaos and pain.

I love heroin so much because it makes me feel like everything is ok. But I have tried to be functional on heroin and it doesn’t work out. I stop caring about important things and everything slowly goes bad.

I’m still young and I can see that continuing on this path will just lead to me being in and out of prison for the rest of my life and eventually being an old man that has nothing other than a hookup for good pure. I really don’t want to be that.

Just posting this as I feel that I need to make my commitment known publicly as it will help me stick to it.

I wish you luck! Hope you stay and keep us posted. You could get some gine advice from caring people that made it through to the other side. Also it will make your commitment even stronger. If you slip up you have many people around that understand. It is a great choice you are making!

Please stick around and engage with the community. I'm sure most people will gladly provide good advice on your journey.

Well, sounds like you're self-aware enough to have 'caught yourself' in good time. Many people only realise they're messing up when they're all the way to the bottom of the slide (like me haha) so slap yourself on the back.

Some people can use and be functional, but others haven't got the trick and you've obviously found you're in the latter category.

I'd like to ask you two things though. One, since you're saying you 'love it so much because it makes you feel like everything is alright', what ISN'T alright in your life? And can you do something about it? Because if you're using to compensate for something, or to dissociate yourself from bad circumstances, not only is that a recipe for disaster but also it would make more sense to tackle whatever the problem is at the source.

Second, as I'm presuming you're a daily user, have you ever tried occasional use? I know from experience it's very difficult and often a set-up for failure to try and keep yourself from doing something that gives you a great deal of reward, because that's basically going against human nature.
The common narrative is that with heroin you're either a total junkie or you never ever touch it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that absolute.
I switched from multiple daily use to 1-2 x strictly on weekends. That way I still get to enjoy it without sacrificing my life to it. You may not be cut out for that, and it may be better for you to completely draw a line ; it's just a thought.

👍

Well, sounds like you're self-aware enough to have 'caught yourself' in good time. Many people only realise they're messing up when they're all the way to the bottom of the slide (like me haha) so slap yourself on the back.

Some people can use and be functional, but others haven't got the trick and you've obviously found you're in the latter category.

I'd like to ask you two things though. One, since you're saying you 'love it so much because it makes you feel like everything is alright', what ISN'T alright in your life? And can you do something about it? Because if you're using to compensate for something, or to dissociate yourself from bad circumstances, not only is that a recipe for disaster but also it would make more sense to tackle whatever the problem is at the source.

Second, as I'm presuming you're a daily user, have you ever tried occasional use? I know from experience it's very difficult and often a set-up for failure to try and keep yourself from doing something that gives you a great deal of reward, because that's basically going against human nature.
The common narrative is that with heroin you're either a total junkie or you never ever touch it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that absolute.
I switched from multiple daily use to 1-2 x strictly on weekends. That way I still get to enjoy it without sacrificing my life to it. You may not be cut out for that, and it may be better for you to completely draw a line ; it's just a thought.

👍
1. Yes there are a few things that are not ok in my life. A small portion is outside of my control and is to do with a broken family. But the rest is because of me and I believe stems from my drug use. So yes I am trying to fix those things.

2. Yes I have tried occasional use. But I just can’t have heroin near me and not use it. Even if I just buy a small amount for 1 nights use, I will still have to fight mental cravings for the next 2 weeks. So it’s really not a good option. I think complete abstinence is the way to go.

Staying away all together is by far the best approach IMO.

I'm the same. If I have it, im using it then and there. Once the thought is in my head to get on(even if I can't afford it) those cravings will eventually have me on my way to see my dealer for a point.

I'm lucky I don't have alot of money, otherwise, I think I would be needing to dose before work each morning. I try to not use more then 3 times a week. 1 - 3 days between uses. Easier said then done.

Good luck OP 👍

I'm the same. If I have it, im using it then and there. Once the thought is in my head to get on(even if I can't afford it) those cravings will eventually have me on my way to see my dealer for a point.
Yeah was the same. If I had it I'd use it, and I never ever saved any. I tried to moderate back then and it ended in a predictable mess. I liked the IDEA but I was in no way ready.

These days I can buy some and not use it for days, as well as not using it all up in one go. I can't say how and why that mental shift happened but I think that's the key difference.
For me it's total abstinence that doesn't work.
I tried that in order to please my significant other and THAT got me obsessing and craving like nobody's business. If I know I can have some I can take it or leave it at any given time. When I know I can't, I think about nothing else.

That's why other people can only advise you up to a certain point, because everyone has their different motivations and vulnerabilities and what works for person A might not be the best way for person B. There's xyz possible options but at the end of the day only you can sort out what's gonna be most effective for YOU.