• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Til broke or Butchered, do you know when to stop?

Well unless you are rich. Like seven figures rich no one can afford a modern lifestyle, house, car, family etc whilst at the sametime daily heroin use. Its just simply unaffordable. This is why I use buprenorphine when i'm not on heroin

Back back to heroin. No matter what one day you know you'll have to stop using. Like for most its when you've lost all your money and assets. And you've destroyed most of the important relationships you had. You can blame the drugs but at the end of the day the trauma and abuse that has caused your depression and anxiety are the real motivators/causes of why you've done what you've done.

I'm not saying your blameless but you could be 300kg, an alcoholic, a stamp collector or you off on hurting people. Either way these addictions are simple mechanisms for denial of something terrible that your trying to get away from.

The key issue with stopping heroin isn't the intense desire to get high. That I can fight. Its the withdrawal syndrome. The pain and discomfort of stopping opiates is intense. If opiates didn't have any withdrawals. I would go on breaks from them. I get bored with opiates after awhile and i find it all the more pleasurable to have them after a period of time of non-use.

Sure I like getting high but most of the time, i literally don't have time to sit around getting high. I want to be functioning. So sometimes i like being clean, and other times i use heroin to be able to deal with stress, anxiety, depression and all of the aches and pains that i suffer from. That's why i love heroin.

However my biggest problem these days is the transition from heroin to suboxone/bupe. Its getting harder and harder. I used to cut between the two without a problem but these days I can go through 3-5 day of absolute hell, misery, insane levels of sickness.

In fact I don't think i'll ever use heroin again. What I went through on my last cut over was fucked. I literally heard and saw things. And the pain and misery was so intense. Like the worse in my life. Besides I don't have the luxury anymore to lose 5 days of my life like that. Work, family, its almost impossible to juggle the older you get.

So yeah leiyvr@. When to stop. You stop when people are depending on. When you can no longer discharge your responsibilities.

Otherwise if you keep on using your just destroying the stellar reputation that us junkies have spent years building.

Edit: major rewrite/edit on this post

Last edited:
I found that the symptoms from doing the bupe > smack > bupe got worse every time, until like you I decided it simply wasn't worth the effort. I'm almost certain that opiate withdrawal has an effect similar to the kindling effect caused by GABAergic withdrawal.

I found that the symptoms from doing the bupe > smack > bupe got worse every time.

I miss those days something fierce. When i could use smack for a couple of days. A weekend. Then pop a little of bupe on MOnday and by Friday be ready to do it all over again.

But you know it becomes harder and harder to wait for Friday. And then all of a sudden Tuesday is Friday, cause we want it on Friday.

Good question.

When any substance starts to interfere with you functioning and keeping yourself floating above the water, you need to take stock of what you're doing

When you let the children go with out..my neice practically lives with me now, her dad never has money for food or pull-ups, doesn't even wash her clothes....I don't shame addicts, I understand, he's in a different bracket than addiction. I would just call that absolute human fucking garbage