• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptines effect on opiate tolerance

burntflowers9

Greenlighter
I'm hoping someone has had experience with this and can help. I'm a chronic pain patient, severe Crohn's disease, avascular necrosis, and scoliosis, and receive 10mg Oxycodone 4-5x daily from a pain management clinic. I've done my fair share of experimenting with Tianeptine in the past, always in high doses (80-120 mg 1-3x daily) but only for several days at a time, and then taking a couple of months off. Until now. I've recently been in one hell of a Crohn's flare, which has not only had me in extreme pain, but also very depressed, so roughly a month ago I picked up some Tianeptine to help with said symptoms. And it has immensely. But here's where my own stupidity has gotten me in a pickle. Rather than only using the Tianeptine for a week or so and stopping, I've been using roughly the same dosage almost daily for around a month. Figuring I should stop for awhile, I didn't order anymore, and have been without for three days. During this time, my 10mg Oxycodone has done absolutely nothing. I might as well be taking a Tylenol. I'm in pain, depressed, and can't sleep with RLS, like I'm in withdrawal. I've tried taking 20mgs alongside agmatine and promethazine, which was slightly better, but normally 20mg would have me feeling much better in terms of pain, and even a little euphoric. I've obviously completely f*cked my opiate receptors with such high doses of Tianeptine for such an extended period of time. And this is bad. I desperately need pain relief, and as tempted as I am to go back to the Tia, I know it's screwing me in terms of my prescribed pain relief that I need in order to function.

Has anyone else had this happen where Tianeptine has killed your tolerance to opiates? And if so, how long did it take to go back to normal? The main thing I want to know is how long I'm going to be suffering without pain relief before my receptors get used to my normal oxy dosage.

I know this is my own stupid fault, but any experienced input would be appreciated. And yes, I already know the general chemistry of how both these drugs work, so I don't really need info on that. Would tapering the Tianeptine be wise, or would that just keep making my oxy situation worse?

After 3-7 days you should stabilize at your original dose. The same thing would happen if you took 30 mg of oxy for a month and then went down to 20 mg. It would not do anything for awhile until you get used to a lower dose. Give it some time and you will quickly stabilize.

I would suggest getting more, and reducing your dose 10-20 % every week. Tia' has nasty WD symptoms at high doses.

- hs