• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tianeptine - Perhaps I'm misinformed

XANAX XR

Bluelighter
This is an interesting drug, I'm surprised I haven't found an interest in it earlier on.... how can a TCA play with opioid receptors, this chemical is wicked in regards to what it does.

How safe is this stuff? Is it practical to use as an AD and anxiolytic?

If I react really badly to a TCA (trazodone in specific), would I have adverse effects to tianeptine?

Trazodone drove me crazy... literally.

My experience is this

I first bougt it about 8 months ago, and when I started I was using between 100/200 mg per session (orally) and was dojng that twice a week

Fast foward I started using bigger amounts every 2 days till I was using 400mg per time

I'm down to once a week because my tolerance has skyrocketed

I also don't feel as if it's all to safe at this dose as it gives me flank pain (straining my kidneys I suspect)

Need to lay off for a few months I think

Tolerance builds incredibly a Fast for a drug that is cool but doesn't last very long......and do not shoot it, people have been known to fry their veins with this

recommended dosage is 12.5mg 3x a day. i don't think it is valuable as a recreational drug.

i found it mildly interesting in terms of anxiety reduction at the recommended dosage, worth trying if your interested by it.

very minimal side effects, i experienced none as most people do.

This is an interesting drug, I'm surprised I haven't found an interest in it earlier on.... how can a TCA play with opioid receptors, this chemical is wicked in regards to what it does.

How safe is this stuff? Is it practical to use as an AD and anxiolytic?

If I react really badly to a TCA (trazodone in specific), would I have adverse effects to tianeptine?

Trazodone drove me crazy... literally.

Ironically, Trazodone *isn't* a TCA, it just feels like one (i.e. serotonin reuptake inhibition + histamine antagonism). Also, unlike TCAs, Trazodone has an active metabolite called m-CPP, a Piperazine-class stim that used to be pressed into some of history's worst "Ecstasy" tablets, so that might be the reason you reacted badly to it

Anyway, Tianeptine is a pretty good antidepressant drug whose effects have been likened to a mildly stimulating opioid, like a very-low-dose Oxycodone... which is unsurprising because they relatively recently found proof for its activity as a µ-opioid agonist. However, for truly recreational use, tolerance is probably going to build too fast... medicinally, the drug seems to be almost always prescribed in a "one size fits all" daily dosage of 3x12.5mg/day. While it is naturally possible to increase the opioid effect if you take a higher dose, your tolerance will quickly rise to match it, so you might as well stick with 37.5 mg/day... if you're just planning on abusing it, there are probably cheaper, longer-acting opioids out there.

Edit: Here's the structure for Trazodone. The name presumably refers to the structure on the left, Triazolo-Pyridin-one - quite different from a Tricyclic... it actually reminds me more of certain antipsychotics like Aripiprazole, Risperidone or Ziprasidone.
490px-Trazodone_structure.svg.png

Last edited:
This drug is a disaster for rec use. I bought 10 grams of the stuff because it was surprisingly cheap but I didn't know much about it besides it is slightly recreational.

I started using using 50-100mg doses a few times a day but that very quickly increased. My tolerance shot through the roof and two weeks after I got the 10 grams it was all gone. At the apex of my use I wasn't even measuring the powder anymore, I was just taking that little 12.5mg scooper you get with certain brands and piling probably 5x that amount on there and taking 3 or 4 spoonfuls at a time at least 10 times a day. Once I ran out I was in pretty bad withdrawals and my tolerance to oxy jumped from 15mg to nice and warm to 30mg, all within a couple weeks.

I just took Tianeptine for the today for the first today (recreationally)

First took 80mg... felt warmer within 20 minutes, pretty sedated... overall a great feeling, similar to tramadol or low dose perc.

An hour later I took 160mg... within 20 minutes of that dose I was warm, fuzzy, and itchy all around. I actually even kind of "nodded" out for like half an hour while listening to music. Woke up feeing refreshed and here I am now.

I have no opiate tolerance currency, and I'm not a recreational user of anything. I just happened to pick Tianeptine while ordering nootropic and thought itd be a fun go. Don't get your hopes up too high, definitely won't get you super high or anything crazy, but good for a rainy day.

Hm, oh yea, I forgot that trazodone is actually a 'SARI' drug... oops. Thanks for the informational post!

Bought some tianeptine recently and tried - as a long term opiod user and current tramadol/kratom user, I found it really lacking.

Tried doses around 60, 80, and 100mg and really got nothing out of it. At first, I thought I felt a strong come up, but then nothing happened. Even after using tramadol for years, I get better results from 150mg of tramadol.

I have noticed that small doses, 12-24mg, taken concurrently with my daily kratom doses, do slightly increase the mood boost I get from kratom.

I totally enjoy 30mg of sulfate w/2g kratom as my morning "coffeE" as it were. seem great together, kindof makes me use less of either.

ok, for myself - the sodium is great if dosed MUCH lower than you would think. 40 - 50mg of the sulfate will get me kinda jacked, anxious. Ive found optimal dosing to be 25 - 30mg morning, 10mg afternoon. It's smooth, still has some get up and go and has SUCH better legs than the sodium. The sodium feels so up and down to me it's kinda crazy - and as a recovering opiate/krat/everything addict I know when something makes me itchy, lasts 5 mins to an hour and has a pretty solid euphoria. odds are I'm going to want it. again and again and again.