View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Throat numbing sensation LSD

Shaylum

Greenlighter
The first time I did LSD was Sunday and I was told it was three hits but it was only one tab. So I was doubtful that is was three. But it felt like three, lasted about 13-14 hours. So anyways a few hours into the trip (not really sure when) my throat and a little bit of my mouth towards the back of my throat felt numb. Like I was telling my friends I can't taste air and I can't taste my tongue,lol. It made the trip kinda irritating because I wasn't sure if I was breathing or not so I had to keep checking and I kept realizing that my throat was numb so I could feel air coming in and out. The acid was a WoW. About the size of a pinky nail. When I dropped it I tasted absolutely nothing. So I was pretty sure it was lsd but then I was curious as to why I got the numbing effect. Are there any other LSD "look alikes"? I've tried 25i and it was definitely not that. But the weird thing is when I did mescaline ( drank 15 ounces of it) I got the exact same numbing effect in my throat. I kept telling my friends that I can't taste air and shit like that lmao. Anyone have any other experiences similar to this? I also held it under my tongue for hours then swallowed. Do you think that the LSD could've numbed the veins under my tongue which resulted in the numbing of mouth and throat? It seems like all psychedelics that I take orally or drop seem to numb my throat. Thanks!

Last edited:
hmm psychedelics can give you bizarre physical sensations? never heard of that before8(

you were tripping your tits off

I've gotten feelings like this from cannabis. Drugs make you feel weird, especially psychedelics. You just gotta go with it.

Yes attribute it to just weirding psychedelic effects, and those include effects on bodily sensations. Forget about any sort of IDing talk anyway, we don't allow it. ;)

Generally it's good to keep an eye out for things that are really out of order and concerning, but this doesn't sound like it could become a real problem... Trippy drugs really play into suggestability so it is definitely not good to get hypochondric either, just a thought.

Yes attribute it to just weirding psychedelic effects, and those include effects on bodily sensations. Forget about any sort of IDing talk anyway, we don't allow it. ;)

Generally it's good to keep an eye out for things that are really out of order and concerning, but this doesn't sound like it could become a real problem... Trippy drugs really play into suggestability so it is definitely not good to get hypochondric either, just a thought.

Oh alright! I just wanted to find a way to prevent the numbing because it was very irritating during a trip while I was trying to sleep, not necessarily paranoid about my health it would just be a less irritating trip without the numbing.

Pretty sure the nbome-class of psychedelics have a numbing effect in the mouth. Did the tab have any taste to it?

Pretty sure the nbome-class of psychedelics have a numbing effect in the mouth. Did the tab have any taste to it?
12-14 hours seems a little long for acid too. It's about right for 25i though. However, I didn't know 25i caused numbing. I knew 25c did but that's a lot shorter acting. Could also be 25b. I don't know if that causes numbing.

I once tasted every note from a daft punk concert.

I don't doubt it was good quality LSD. It has a way of bending ones senses if you are not ready.

Next time drop a mint or some other sweet tasting treat to kick your trip into another direction