Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Thoughts on Virginia

V

VA Bound

Mods, will you please move this to SO?

I am moving to Virginia soon, and I would like to hear some opinions from those who have lived there.

Peace.

anonymous -> north & south american social & drug discussion

Virginia sucks.
Driving too fast is a misdemeanor, not just a ticket.
You can go to jail for simple marijuana possession.
There is some promise for jobs/careers though, especially Federal Gov't related, or anything in NoVA.
Northern Virginia is almost America, but I wouldn't go south or west of Richmond if I wasn't caucasian.

Don't go south or west of Roanoke, there's nothing there. No jobs or anything unless you want to work in the coal mines or sell dope for a living. I lived in southwest Virginia for most of my life an it sucks, can't speak for the rest of the state although it should be better than here.

Responding to Anonymous Thread

Just want to respond to this thread, thanks.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/756634-Thoughts-on-Virginia

I assumed it is one of those states with harsh drug laws. Simple possession of smack would land you 3-5, etc... right? I am wondering what the people and society in general are like, what there is for recreation, what the natural environment is like, things like that.

Thanks for the responses.

I've been in eastern VA for the past 3 years. Its a beautiful state and people are generally welcoming. The only thing that I see a lot around here is that most everyone is in the military and most with VA plates are not from VA. My bf has grown up around Jamestown and he is sickened by the way things have blown up commercially around here. Not to mention the traffic suxxx on 64 to VA beach or to DC. The population is booming. I'm actually proud to say I'm from Eastbumf*** Maine,on the Canadian border. Getting stuff was definitely underground and low key.

I went to UVa for a year in Charlottesville and thoroughly hated central Virginia, which is very conservative.