• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Thoughts on this theory regarding benzo withdrawal?

ketagoblin

Bluelighter

I'd like to hear your insights regarding the reply on top to the question I linked.
I have used benzos a single time in the last 2 weeks, and even one dose triggered kindling, so I had enough and decided to come off.
Every single day without exception (no exaggerating) in the past 30 days I have been going to sleep between 3 and 4 AM, and waking up strictly 6-7 hours later, feeling exhausted as fuck.

Do I proceed with this torture and keep waiting, or intervene?

I agree with the sentiment that more research is needed into how to solve the probIem of benzo withdrawal rather than simply preaching time because it often takes ridiculously long and some people don't fully get better even with time.

However, the rest I don't agree with. I tried flumazenil and it did not help me, granted perhaps I didn't use it under the right protocol but that only underscores my above point that more research is needed. As for staying on low dose benzo that's a very poor solution in my opinion. While it's true I didn't have many of the crippling withdrawal symptoms while I was on benzos, I had to come off of them because they were causing me crippling depression and OCD symptoms both of which resolved when I got off them (although I developed a whole host of other problems). If I tried to stay on them, even on a low dose, I think it's likely I would not have been able to overcome the depression and OCD symptoms. Not to mention, staying on them has other negatives such as always needing to have access to them and then what if at some point you decide you want to get off for whatever reason? You still have that horrible withdrawal to look forward to.

So basically there's nothing really in that post that presents any kind of new idea. We already knew flumanzenil had some potential to help, though more research is needed and we already knew that some people seem to do better just staying on benzos but that's not practical for everyone.

There are some other substances that seem to help, like amanita muscuria and kava, which may provide some healing to the gaba receptor but in my case although I do feel they benefited me the improvement in my symptoms was only about 10% at most, probably closer to 5%. So even with discovering something in nature that could help me, it was not a cure and I was still in a bad situation just a slightly improved bad situation. So it seems as of now, the only real solution is to just not take benzos in the first place.

I'd like to hear your insights regarding the reply on top to the question I linked.
I have used benzos a single time in the last 2 weeks, and even one dose triggered kindling, so I had enough and decided to come off.
Every single day without exception (no exaggerating) in the past 30 days I have been going to sleep between 3 and 4 AM, and waking up strictly 6-7 hours later, feeling exhausted as fuck.

How do you connect your sleeping problem with Benzo (ab)use.

The thought alone to use a benzo for sleep is flawed. Its more like an addictive anxio-lytic, sedative, muslce relaxant and anti-convulsant. Great for one time use or after a drug session. But the term hypnotic I find misleading. When I have sleeping problems no ammount of benzo's will make me sleep, just sedated.

For sleep Erythrina Mulungu rules (non addictive) and when your off Benzo's a sleep examination. Maybe you have no deep sleep like me,or apneu. Like me.

Something that I wanted to add is Clobazam especially but Pyrazolam and most certain Pagoclone (got no effect's from that at all (even at 20 mg). Don't seem to share the relentless addiction and after effects of the more pronounced benzo's like Diazepam.
After 80 mg of that I got why people get addicted. At first because its so good later just to shut up the upcoming Glutamate storm with a new dose of a GABA-a.

Technically GABA is not directly related to sleep like bandaid's dont repair wounds (but at least are helpfull for the healing proces).
Benzo's not, they just make you feel sleepy the first times. To bad Melatonin wasn't such a succes, but at least its a true sleep inducer, not perfect to bad.

I would get a sleep examination and Mulungu. Hope you all having a good morning after a restfull sleep.

GHB, hits mostly GABA-b and the GHB receptor doesn't share that mechanism (mess up sleep architecture. Or your on or off, personally never felt it was habit forming or very addictive, Baclofen and Phenibut (very dirty one) are GABA-b agonisten. Unlike Alcohol and Benzo's that work on GABA-a which def seems the problem.

Last edited:

So what was your daily consumption and how long have you been off benzos?