View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thinking your someone else

jtcucla

Bluelighter
Is it possible after taking lsd that you take upon the identity of someone else? Seeing that person in the mirror and thinking you are them? But actually being someone else entirely?

Sometimes when I had binges with various RC psychedelics and dissociatives I have had a feeling that I am not the person I see in the mirror and I do behave different than normally in example like wearing totally differently styled clothes and having my hair cut and dyed differently. It is like I am someone else than I see in the mirror and try to change myself into other person.

Sex on acid. Becoming one with somebody else is a quite unique experience. Highly recommended.

Well, I can surely tell you I've hijacked Jesuschrist identity a lot of times with dissociatives, but with psychedelics I always feel more myself than ever!

Is it possible after taking lsd that you take upon the identity of someone else? Seeing that person in the mirror and thinking you are them? But actually being someone else entirely?

I suppose it is possible but would probably be a manifestation of psychosis IMO. LSD doesn't usually take you that from reality. Personal identity doesn't have one single source, it is an overarching and diffuse phenomenon comprised of multiple sensory and memory based and genetic counterparts. It takes years to build up a sense of identity and probably years to modify that sense. Dissociatives come the closest to such an experience for me.

However, psychedelics can cause ego-death which is a similar thing. Rather than identify as someone else, you may find yourself unable to identify with anything at all.

So you look into the mirror and your reaction is "That's not really me"? Sounds like depersonalization to me.
Link Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

Its your reality man.

Seeing who you really are is fine.

Just be chill about it all. Tripping affects you all sorts of ways, usually for the better.

It is best to avoid mirrors while tripping, some shit about the mirror gonna steal your soul but really some ppl freak, never had a bad trip, but usually trip under my terms or something rather close cuz I got with the flow, I like mirrors though.

There have been times that I have taken such huge doses of LSD that I literally "forgot" I took a drug, had no idea what was going on, and didn't have any control over my thoughts. These are identity-shattering experiences that are the stuff that bad trips are made of for some people, but fighting against it is what often results in things going south. In these moments of extreme dread and anxiety, as I said, I was no one, nor was I any "thing". Not human, just thoughts, fear, wondering what was about to happen, and lost in wave after wave of psychedelia. It's beautiful, awe-inspiring, and frightening. I recall having some of the most spiritual trips when things relaxed a bit, and they were often the kinds of trips that I'd say, "Oh my god...I have to tell everyone what I just saw or what I experienced", only to have it all fade away, like a dream. These are the moments when I felt as though I had been to the mountain, and talked to the man...

Dissociatives such as the legal DXM give me this. I'll think I am someone else until I look in the mirror. But once I do that I look foreign and get a bit confused, it's trippy.

But for straight psychadelics such as LSD I don't see this happening for me, but different effects for different people.

3-meo-pcp + cannabis literally strips my ego. It's very interesting trying to talk to a person who is stripped entirely of the ego. It's as if the mind keeps on generating ideas about which ego the person is hiding. The idea of non-emotion isn't graspable so the mind begins to scheme. It may come off as sarcasm, it may seem condescending, it may seem to stress self importance. But a stripped ego merely stutters in existence. It's as if the absence of ego will continually present itself in attempts to remain stripped. A balancing of it's surroundings. Positivity is quelled, negativity is quelled. The body is postured perfectly, the airways are 100% flowing simultaneously through all channels.

The breath network is now understood as something far more than inhaling into the lungs, it's so much more. The breath is the powering of the machine itself. It's the source of the same waves we see within the ocean, the pumping aspect of reality starts in the heart chakra with the physical nose/throat and lungs. So when the ego is stripped, the tone of voice shifts dramatically from the ego voice to the non ego voice. Onlookers may be nervous or in denial. It becomes an obvious facet of reality that breathing in through the mouth and out through the nose will open up higher conscious passageways, while breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth will close them off to activate lower conscious networks. If you've ever heard of Tantra, it's a real thing and full understanding of it happens when the ego is stripped.

Psychedelics offer ego-games and present a reality that you've already calculated. Like, if you believe that reality is a bunch of wiggly lines, psychedelics will make that come true. That makes them magical. They are divine substances. 3-meo-pcp just turns off the ego. I notice the physical inability to smile or frown until my breathing patterns shifted my consciousness in a way that allowed that physical emotion memory to happen again.

Ego-loss can be abused in extreme ways, which is probably why governments attempt to strengthen egos on a large scale. It's safer.