The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The way pharmacies ban people ?

john24

Bluelighter
Is there a certain criteria in which pharmacies will ban people , for people that are getting prescriptions ?

i'm just curious as i know others that have had opiates prescriptions and are not allowed them anymore. what specifically makes them get cut off ? refilling too early ? can the pharmacies make the decision to cut someone off completely (from all pharmacies) or can only the doctor do that ?

just curious, as I usually refill 5 days early...as my insurance allows it and pays like that. just wondering if doing that ALL the time will get me banned as well ?

thanks.

Pharmacies look for these criteria: If you have insurance but are paying cash.
If you live far away from the doctor's office.
If the dose has changed to a much higher dose than before.
If you are paying out of pocket for more than 60 tablets.
If you get it filled more than 5 days early every month. (Those 5 days add up and soon, they will say that you should have a whole month worth).
This has only been my experience. I hope this helps.

If you get it filled more than 5 days early every month. (Those 5 days add up and soon, they will say that you should have a whole month worth).

I appreciate that. good info. didn't know about the 5 day thing.

any other details are appreciated. (by anyone)

You've really been through this! It's all good in all accounts..

As much as some may fringe, I could only see this thread helping the economy....better for business to get everything legally.

In Florida pharmacies will just flat out refuse to fill most scrips for narcotics.... You can spend all day riding across Central Florida looking for a pharmacy to fill your script and still come up nada... They have had exposes in on the news lately, where they followed these poor cancer patients around with hidden cameras to show how they couldn't get their scripts.. They were all crying to the pharmacists and they were still turned away... There have been several big stories on this in the last few months..

I haven't had an issue filling scripts in Florida but I've noticed a serious shortage quite often.

Methadone is next to impossible to fill.... I have no problem because I could always hit up a little pharmacy next to my doc... but out of the blue they refused to fill my friends script, who always went with me.... He could never get it filled there again... nor anywhere in Orlando... He had to drive all the way to a small ass pharmacy in Groveland... He had the same scripts as me except he had xanax instead of klonopin.

Another one of my friends got in a horrible motorcycle accident and had third degree burns.. He spent three months in the hospital.. He is now missing almost his entire calf muscle and his leg looks like freddy kruegars face.... He has had a hell of a time filling his methadone and roxies and he even limps his way into the pharmacy, like a gimp with an obviously fucked leg..

In Florida pharmacies will just flat out refuse to fill most scrips for narcotics...

sucks for you guys. Especially hearing how Florida is ranked among the most easiest to initially get these scripts.

It's the docs fault kinda, how they create all these addicts..

Once I was exposed to Dilaudid. man.....there's no need going back to anything else.

Thanks to this thread, i'm going to be careful. (but withdrawal is gonna be a biooootch)

Pharmacists can also make notes in your profile in the computer which other pharmacists/pharmacies in the same chain of stores can read when you come in. I'm not too sure how it works beyond that.

Well.. I can understand the pharmacy not filling your script early, but banning altogether? I haven't seen it.

Swim had gotten a prescription for 90 10/325mg hydrocodone about 2 months ago.
Since then, Swims script has steadily climbed to a whopping 120 20mg oxycodone every 20 days (with a little convincing of course..)
Swim has no problems here in upstate new York filling his script. He doesn't have insurance and always pays in cash.
The hardest thing for swim to do is find a pharmacy that has the quantity to fill thus prescription.

Welcome to BL, we don't use SWIM :)
That's somewhat surprising because I know that In NY they have a system that tracks narcotic prescriptions. But paying cash (not having insurance) could make that a bit tougher for them, I'm not sure.

Swim had gotten a prescription for 90 10/325mg hydrocodone about 2 months ago.
Since then, Swims script has steadily climbed to a whopping 120 20mg oxycodone every 20 days (with a little convincing of course..)

women are lucky, and have more ways to 'negotiate' with this process...

as sleezy as it sounds....it does happen. I always wondered why the rest of us have to wait like 2 hours from our appointment time...sitting and waiting. While hotties that have appointments after us, mysteriously have their prescriptions already ready for them at the front desk...and don't have to wait more than 5 minutes..

strange....strange indeed.

They had an update on the cancer patients that the local news followed around for a few weeks.. One guy decided to deal with the pain because he could never get his script filled... Another is supposedly waiting two weeks on a pharmacy that has promised to help her long term.. and sadly one of the women died in pain before she could ever get her script filled for relief..