• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox The Second Awakening from the Days of Daze: Documentation of A Detox (and Recovery)

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
I'd like to begin by giving a detailed account of my history with smoking heroin, however I don't think I'd do the story its deserved justice being in my current state of mind (the state of mind one finds themselves on Day 2 following little sleep).

Instead, let me tell you how I'm going about this voluntary home detox. At first, expect the usual cliches involved when one is describing the misery of acute withdrawals. Details will come as the head clears.

Day 1
went well enough. I woke up that morning freezing but no flushes of hot and cold to speak of, no dry throat nor coughing up brown gunk nor bursting bladder. I knew what would be in the post if I was to do it cold turkey so I bought some Neurophen Plus (contains 12.8mgs of codeine). That evening around 6pm mild RLS, back pain, flashes and sweats hit me so I took 4 Neurophen Plus. As soon as they kicked in every symptom vanished. Didn't sleep until 6am.

Will update on Day 2 in a little while, have to hand the computer over...

Thanks for reading.

Nice call on the codiene. You can do it and it sounds like you know that.

Agreed. DHC and even just normal codeine can be used fairly effective for some detoxes. The trick is just to use low doses like you're doing for a limited period of time.

I'm curious to hear more about prior attempts at kicking, any treatments the OP might have tried, and what kind of support they have in terms of how they're managing this (like, do you have to hide this from everyone or those close to you, are people close to you supportive, have you explored peer or professional support, etc?).