The "Report" Button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch-22

Bluelighter
The "Report" Button

I guess it is time someone explains what the "Report" button under everyone's name does. Here is a quick summary so people will understand how it all works.

First, if you remember the old software, we had a "Topic Report" button where you could bring a thread to the moderator's attention. If you click on the "Report" button, a box will come up with the following directions: "This is ONLY to be used to report posts that are in violation of the user agreement - spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, racist, dealing/soliciting) posts." Simply type a short description of the problem and an email is sent to the forum moderators and the administrators. To get the fastest response, please always use the "Report" feature because it is more convenient than trying to PM a specific moderator or administrator for assistance. Bluelight gets about 25 reports a week, so it a fairly common thing and you shouldn't feel intimidated about using this feature. :)

Second, a new feature called "CLAWS" (Conflict Log And Warning System) has been added to Bluelight. If Moderators feel that someone has violated the Bluelight User Agreement or the guidelines in their forum, they make an entry in CLAWS and an automated warning is sent to the poster. Administrators will see who is being warned and will respond appropriately. All moderators can see someone's CLAWS information and eventually posters will be able to see their own record. This allows for complete transparency, so a poster will always be aware when they are "in trouble" and will know exactly what they have been warned about. Administrators will still be able to respond promptly to flagrant situations, but CLAWS is for modest infractions committed by regular posters.

So there you go....now you know what happened to the Topic Report feature and now you know what "CLAWS" is about.

Last edited:
25 a week? I thought I was the only person who knew how to use that thing. =D

Great info though.

It used to be way more than 25 a week, but then someone gave wazza a mod spot in Aus Events and the number suddenly dropped... ;)

Here is some trivia for the nice people reading this thread. We all like "Top 10" lists but I am lazy so this is just a "Top 3" list. ;)

Most Topic Reports (last six weeks)

1. ceryc
2. frizzantik
3 (tie). forgotten
3 (tie). PuristLove

Thanks for playing!

you gotta be kidding me. i don't use it that often!

dammit, got slapped with the number 4 postwhore, now the biggest topic reporter. unless evil gremlins are logging on with my name (a distinct possibility) i spend far too much time here.

Please do not just send your routine complaints to a specific administrator. Please use the "Report" option so that the issue it sent to all of the forum moderators and all of the administrators. That spreads the work around to a bunch of people instead of just putting the workload on one person. A single goofball causing problems in a couple of forums is not a major emergency. Sorry, I don't know of a plainer way to say it....just use the "Report" and it will all be handled in due time. The people who report bad posts are not made known to the troublemakers, so there is no need for so much privacy and secrecy. The effort to report a problematic post is much appreciated but let's keep things in perspective. Thanks! :)

I'd just like to say that I'm real happy with CLAWS so far. Plus, it's a cool acronym, which makes me feel like a James Bond supervillan when I use it, a thing which needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.