• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The nature of hallucinations

I generally believe that hallucinations are confined to the brain, but I've experienced far too much structure in the complex hallucinations I've had to believe that it was just random malfunctioning nonsense. Personally, I think most structured hallucinations are basically like survival simulations. Dealing with looming threats, potential mates, or both simultaneously, planning out future behaviors or imagined past scenarios bleeding into perception, that kind of thing. Even something like DMT strikes me as touching upon the survival instinct of totally submitting to an inescapable threat; like, imagine how terrifying yet also beautiful it would be to watch a massive tsunami heading right for you, frozen just knowing that your death was moments away. Just because the things we see on DMT might not be realistic like a hypothetical scenario like that doesn't mean that they don't touch upon and/or train you for the same feelings, and if you just imagined that scenario I put forward then you just demonstrated how the mind creates these sorts of simulations I'm touching upon.

Given this ability to generate details out of very little data, the question becomes: What happens if this functionality of the brain is used to generate details out of no data. Maybe something like this is happening when you are experiencing CEVs?
I've also thought this. Or maybe not no data but incomplete or "rogue" data.

The hypnagogic CEVs I have every night almost feel like I can see brainwaves enter my visual cortex. It's really hard to explain.

My CEVs come in waves like that--^ they fade in and fade out quickly over 1-2 seconds. It almost feels like rogue brainwaves of incomplete data and my brain is doing it's best to perceive this rogue wave as my closest memory that is similar. All of my hallucinations resemble something closely, but never 100%, like our memories which aren't perfect.

I wish I could plug my brain into some science equipment and see what my brain does when I close my eyes.

definitely like that but much larger scale and faster
already sharing that video with family