Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you liked it, you should have put a methylene-dioxy ring on it!"
"To all my single compounds, to all my single compounds!"
"To all my primary amines. . ."

Can someone make a doctored jpeg or gif for us? XD

ebola

I think it's only discontinued if you find it unpleasant.

What does this suggest about dosing regimens people should take at home for personal, 'clandestine' treatment of depression?

200 mg nasally is probably not a good dose.

I dunno, that's pretty dissimilar to me. The same sort of difference as some SSRIs and amphetamine or diphenidine and 2-DPMP
^^ yes, looking at them again, they are actually not as similar as I first thought. I guess that what they have in common is that they are both tropane alkaloids.

Then again, I still think it's fascinating that they can be that relatively similar, and have such widely varying effects and potency.

Mimic the study. Threshold doses, repeated application weekly in a controlled setting, until depression remits.

Journal bites with sekio!

Psychedelics and Mental Health: A Population Study

Teri S. Krebs, Pål-Ørjan Johansen

Objective - To evaluate the association between the lifetime use of psychedelics and current mental health in the adult population.

Method - Data drawn from years 2001 to 2004 of the National Survey on Drug Use and Health consisted of 130,152 respondents, randomly selected to be representative of the adult population in the United States. Standardized screening measures for past year mental health included serious psychological distress (K6 scale), mental health treatment (inpatient, outpatient, medication, needed but did not receive), symptoms of eight psychiatric disorders (panic disorder, major depressive episode, mania, social phobia, general anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, posttraumatic stress disorder, and non-affective psychosis), and seven specific symptoms of non-affective psychosis. We calculated weighted odds ratios by multivariate logistic regression controlling for a range of sociodemographic variables, use of illicit drugs, risk taking behavior, and exposure to traumatic events.
Results - 21,967 respondents (13.4% weighted) reported lifetime psychedelic use. There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems.

Interestingly enough, psychedelics might not actually make you any more insane than the rest of us.

---

Exercise increases plasma THC concentrations in regular cannabis users

Alexander Wong, Mark E. Montebello, Melissa M. Norberg, Kieron Rooney, Nicholas Lintzeris, Raimondo Bruno, Jessica Booth, Jonathon C. Arnold, Iain S. McGregor

Results - Exercise induced a small, statistically significant increase in plasma THC levels accompanied by a statistically significant increase in plasma FFA and glycerol levels. Exercise-induced increases in plasma THC concentrations were positively correlated with body mass index. Fasting induced a significant increase in plasma FFA levels, and a lowering of blood glucose, but did not significantly alter plasma cannabinoid levels.

Exercising makes you higher, yo!

"If you liked it, you should have put a methylene-dioxy ring on it!"
"To all my single compounds, to all my single compounds!"
"To all my primary amines. . ."

Can someone make a doctored jpeg or gif for us? XD

ebola

ha, I've only just realised the first line wasn't the title!

http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.0312

Quantitative Analysis of Narrative Reports of Psychedelic Drugs

The first, in my reading, rigorous statistical work on the subjective effects of psychedelic drugs outside of a clinical setting. The interesting thing is that it is all stuff that we on bluelight could very well do ourselves, using the data available to us both on Erowid and in the Trip Reports forum. Also interesting is that the most famously spiritual compound, DPT, turns out to be the most unpredictable.

"You have finished three cups of the finest wine in China, and still you say you have not yet moistened your lips!"

http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.0312
The interesting thing is that it is all stuff that we on bluelight could very well do ourselves, using the data available to us both on Erowid and in the Trip Reports forum.

I'm not so sure about that, their software doesn't exactly sound "off the shelf". Maybe we could do without some of it by crowdsourcing some of the analysis?

Anyways nice find, thanks for the post.

edit: I like this line, "Differences between drug narratives likely also reflect author demographics and the varying context of drug use. Such potential limitations could be addressed by collecting a new corpus in which author demographic information is also obtained."

I think the authors overestimate drug users' general willingness to disclose personal information 8)

Last edited:
Occurrence of the Synthetic Analgesic Tramadol in an African Medicinal Plant
Angewandte Chemie 2013
Ahcène Boumendjel, Germain Sotoing Taïwe, Elisabeth Ngo Bum, Tanguy Chabrol, Chantal Beney, Valérie Sinniger, Romain Haudecoeur, Laurence Marcourt, Soura Challal, Emerson Ferreira Queiroz, Florence Souard, Marc Le Borgne, Thierry Lomberget, Antoine Depaulis, Catherine Lavaud, Richard Robins, Jean-Luc Wolfender, Bruno Bonaz, Michel De Waard

The root of the matter: The analgesic tramadol has been isolated from the root bark of N. latifolia, an African medical plant. This finding is a rare example of a common synthetic drug that occurs at considerable concentrations in nature.

Mother nature beat us to the punch!

Loving how they bent over backward performing verification necessary to preclude another Acacia-study scandal...

ebola

That is the best toxicology joke ive ever heard. That is also the worst toxicology joke I've ever heard %)

ha, yeah, nerd jokes tend to be like that.

To toastman: Caffeine is so safe we don't even bat an eyelash when little kids get spun half way to the moon on it, why fuzz with perfection?

fair enough, but people say the same sort of thing regarding a lot of the classics vs their respective RC analogs... it's just fun and interesting to taste new stuff. classic dilemma there, i guess ("don't mess w/ success" vs "well, maybe this could be better...").

That one was hilarious. What was it - amphetamine, nicotine, mescaline, and others in one plant?! haha

qZ2ndgW.jpg

More 25B-NBOME PET studies

Only recently the first successful serotonin 2A (5-HT2A) receptor agonist PET radioligands have been described, with [11C]Cimbi-36 reported as the most promising in the pig brain so far. Agonist radioligands may target specifically the G protein-coupled state of the receptors and thereby provide a more meaningful assessment of available receptors than antagonist radioligands. In the current study we characterized [11C]Cimbi-36 receptor binding in the primate brain.

On five experimental days, a total of 14 PET measurements were conducted in three female rhesus monkeys. On each day, PET measurements were conducted after intravenous injection of [11C]Cimbi-36 during baseline conditions and after intravenous infusion of the 5-HT2 receptor antagonist ketanserin (n = 3) or the 5-HT2C receptor antagonist SB 242084 (n = 2). On four of the experimental days an additional baseline PET measurement was conducted after injection of [11C]MDL 100907. All PET measurements were performed for 2 h in a HRRT PET system and arterial blood was obtained for measurement of the [11C]Cimbi-36 input function. Quantification of [11C]Cimbi-36 receptor binding was performed using kinetic and graphical analysis.

After injection of [11C]Cimbi-36 the regional distribution of radioactivity in brain was in accordance with the known 5-HT2 receptor distribution. The two-tissue compartment model was superior for the description of the time–radioactivity curves of all examined brain regions. BPND values obtained with reference tissue models correlated with corresponding values obtained with kinetic modeling. Administration of ketanserin decreased the binding in all brain regions but did not affect the cerebellar distribution volume. The BPND of [11C]Cimbi-36 was 56 ± 8% of [11C]MDL 100907 across cortical regions, but higher in other brain regions including choroid plexus. After administration of SB 242084, [11C]Cimbi-36 binding was nearly completely inhibited in the choroid plexus, partly reduced in several subcortical regions (e.g. hippocampus), but not affected in the cortical regions.

The receptor binding of [11C]Cimbi-36 can be quantified using kinetic modeling and the cerebellum was found to be a suitable reference region. The difference between [11C]Cimbi-36 and [11C]MDL 100907 binding in the choroid plexus is related to 5-HT2C receptor binding of [11C]Cimbi-36. [11C]Cimbi-36 is the first agonist radioligand suitable for examination of 5-HT2A receptors in the cortical regions and of 5-HT2C receptors in the choroid plexus of the primate brain.

Keywords
5-HT2A; 5-HT2C; [11C]Cimbi-36; Agonist; Monkey; Serotonin receptors

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913008975

Psychol Res Behav Manag. 2013 Aug 27;6:65-74. doi: 10.2147/PRBM.S47526.
Influence of methylphenidate treatment assumptions on cognitive function in healthy young adults in a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Mommaerts JL, Beerens G, Van den Block L, Soetens E, Schol S, Van De Vijver E, Devroey D.
Department of Family Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium.
Increasing numbers of students use stimulants such as methylphenidate (MPH) to improve their study capacity, making them prone to subsequent prolonged drug abuse. This study explored the cognitive effects of MPH in students who either assumed they received MPH or assumed they received a placebo.
[...]
RESULTS:

No significant differences were found between those subjects who received MPH and those who received a placebo. However, significant differences were found between subjects who assumed they had received MPH or had no opinion, and those who assumed they had received a placebo.
At three minutes, one hour, and one day after memorizing ten lists of 20 words, those who assumed they had received MPH recalled 54%, 58%, and 54% of the words, respectively, whereas those who assumed they had received placebo only recalled 35%, 37%, and 34%.

CONCLUSION:

Healthy, partially sleep-deprived young students who assume they have received 20 mg of MPH experience a substantial placebo effect that improves consolidation of information into long-term memory. This is independent of any pharmacologic effects of MPH, which had no significant effects on verbal memory in this study. This information may be used to dissuade students from taking stimulants such as MPH during examination periods, thus avoiding subsequent abuse and addiction.

So in laymans terms: Ritalin is just an active placebo. Not a smart drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.