• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The hardest part of working out is not about the actual workout.

deadendgame

Bluelighter
The hardest part of working out is not about the actual workout. That part is easy. What's not easy is the shuttling of nutrients every hour on the hour for the next day or two. I just do not have time for that. A 2 hour workout is already alot and to eat 6 times a day is just too much time and preparation. I usually don't work out for this reason because there is little point in doing so if nutrients are not being consistently fed for the next two days.

You seem to be grossly misinformed on a lot of things. You don't have to work out for 2 hours to get big and strong, nor stuff yourself every hour, nor eat 6 meals a day. Look up some articles online. There's plenty of information on working out and diet out there.

Just eat when you're hungry. Unless you're trying to become an olympiad you don't need to go overboard. It's more what you eat not how often. If your hungry you should eat. If you let yourself starve that's another story.

2 hours for resistance training is too much. 45-60 minutes max otherwise your body enters catabolisis and you're burning the candle at both ends.

2 hours for resistance training is too much. 45-60 minutes max otherwise your body enters catabolisis and you're burning the candle at both ends.

That's not necessarily true tho depending on how you train and how often you train. When I was at my strongest I sometimes trained for up to 2 1/2 hours doing full body workouts, but I also gave myself 2 days off to recover. You don't HAVE to train that long but as long as you're allowing yourself to recover there isn't really a universal set time it should take you to work out. Nor does your body enter catabolism exactly after a set time. That's just quackery akin to the notion that you have to consume protein immediately after your workout or your body will enter catabolism.

Last edited:
That's not necessarily true tho depending on how you train and how often you train. When I was at my strongest I sometimes trained for up to 2 1/2 hours doing full body workouts, but I also gave myself 2 days off to recover. You don't HAVE to train that long but as long as you're allowing yourself to recover there isn't really a universal set time it should take you to work out. Nor does your body enter catabolism exactly after a set time. That's just quackery akin to the notion that you have to consume protein immediately after your workout or your body will enter catabolism.

Thanks for the correction. I'd trust your knowledge more than my own in that department. I should have said, the harder/longer you work out, the longer a break you should take on the worked muscle groups.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Hopefully I wasn't coming off as too much of a know-it-all but I used to be pretty heavy into strength training. There's just a lot of variables like the person's fitness level, how often they train etc.

No, not at all... I've been doing fitness wrong for years and I only just started to get into a properly structured regimen with the help of a coach. So I appreciate the correction!

Yeah I was fortunate enough to find a mentor pretty early on who new his shit, but I was pretty much completely clueless before that as most probably are.