The Beatles

Fleetwood Mac

David Bowie

Queen

The Police

The Pretenders

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Lynyrd Skynyrd

I had a friend who loved Hendrix and made us listen to his music during a ride from Cologne to Paris. Can't say I enjoyed it much, but was way better than another friend from that group (the driver) or my brother a few years ago who were constantly trying to get me to listen to the Beatles. They were acting like groupies!

Has anyone on here heard Hendrix? It's so apples and oranges. The Beatles are good, happy, rock which always cheers you up and Hendrix is pure genius that always amazes you.
Yeah, I voted Beatles but I love Hendrix. I have always wondered what he would have become if he had lived. He was evolving with Cry of Love in a fantastic way

A
Yeah that was a tough one. I went with Pink Floyd, as I do love The Doors a ton, but sonically and artistically Pink Floyd is just on a whole other plane. I mean, I might vote for them up against any artist on here honestly.

And I think The Doors wrote and played some awesome tunes, but it was much more of a packaged sound that seemed to crank out awesome hits. Pink Floyd had the benefit of starting with three incredible songwriters and frontmen, and having decades worth of time to try so many different things. The synth work for both bands is phenomenal, ultimately Pink Floyd is a little more introspective which has brought it into a special place in my heart.

I do love the Doors and I can't stand when I hear Jim Morrison haters. The guy was a blast lol.
After Long and considerable though on the subject I cant over turn or not go with my intial thought which was essentially your point that pink floyd really are on another level with they're level of craft and they are seperated by a good decade and a half in sound.

Id have to say pink floyd win as much as id love to give it to the doors.

Fuck yeah.
Yeah, I voted Beatles but I love Hendrix. I have always wondered what he would have become if he had lived. He was evolving with Cry of Love in a fantastic wayY
Hendrix is a complete god and if we have to bring it down to individual artists and not the bands Hendrix might just straight up win that one.

Fuck it ill do one.

Some where easy, I wont say I cant pick, but some of these only JUST win over the other.
The Rolling Stones

Pat Benatar

Pink Floyd

ELO

Led Zeppelin

Yes

Rush

The Who

The Beatles. If it came down to individuals id probably pick Hendrix but as a whole I think the Beatles.

Fleetwood Mac

David Bowie

Queen

Wings. this was a hard one for me also.

The Pretenders

Van Halen

Foreigner

Is Foreigner considered classic rock?

they mostly suck but have a couple decent songs

im not a big fan of classic rock - i really can't stand Fleetwood Mac

but nobody's better than the Rolling Stones or the Who - and you can't compare them two at all really

Is Foreigner considered classic rock?

they mostly suck but have a couple decent songs

im not a big fan of classic rock - i really can't stand Fleetwood Mac

but nobody's better than the Rolling Stones or the Who - and you can't compare them two at all really
One thing about Fleetwood Mac, they had multiple styles over the years. Earliest Mac with Peter Green was an incredible blues rock band