💥 Contest 💥 The Greatest Classic Rock Artist

Yeah we've been over this lol... I didn't make the bracket some radio station in Detroit did. As such, most of the picks are radio artists. You don't really hear much of any of those artists you named on the mainstream classic rock radio, despite them being great rock artists.

And yeah round 1 is already finished but you're welcome to throw in a vote for round 2 when I post it.
I did just answer the OP. So, sorry about that.
Just to nitpick, though. Maybe they are 80's (etc.) radio artists. The Airplane, CSN&Y, Neil Young (especially), and Traffic got plenty of airplay. They're surely "classic".

I did just answer the OP. So, sorry about that.
Just to nitpick, though. Maybe they are 80's (etc.) radio artists. The Airplane, CSN&Y, Neil Young (especially), and Traffic got plenty of airplay. They're surely "classic".
Surely all of the bands you mentioned are classic. The bracket could have been better, yeah, but I think the matchups end up being better as it moves through it. I did this bracket through a very active Facebook group I am in, that's where I got it. I'm curious to see if we get the same winner, I will say at the end who it was, so as not to spoil the tournament.

Really the purpose was to see how much engagement we could get out of something like this, and to help inform how we can do similar ideas in the future.

This is definitely shaping up to be an interesting experiment, and I think we'll find that the choices will get more difficult as we move through it. With that being said, please join us for voting on Round 2 of our classic rock tournament, you can refer to the OP for instructions on how to vote, it is pretty simple but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Round Deux:

The Rolling Stones v. The Cars

Steely Dan v. Pat Benatar

The Doors v. Pink Floyd

ELO v. Aerosmith

Led Zeppelin v. Van Morrison

Yes v. Zzz top

Rush v. Santana

Steve Miller Band v. The Who

The Beatles v. Jimi Hendrix

Fleetwood Mac v. The Allman Brothers

David Bowie v. Elton John

Alice Cooper v. Queen

Wings v. The Police

The Pretenders v. Styx

Stevie Ray Vaughn v. Van Halen

Lynyrd Skynyrd v. Foreigner

The Cars

Pat Benatar

Pink Floyd

ELO

Led Zeppelin

Zzz top

Rush

The Who

Jimi Hendrix

Fleetwood Mac

Elton John

Queen

The Police

The Pretenders

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Lynyrd Skynyrd

You don't need to have participated in the first round to cast a vote, all votes will be accepted after the round 2 post was made up until the time that I close the voting. And you can vote for as many or as few matchups as you like. Just to help make my life easier when tallying, I ask you to keep your votes in the original order in which I posted them.

OK, OK. So I'll try to play by the rules. I won't add anybody. However, on some I want to keep both and on some vote for neither. Am I in trouble again? ;)

The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Yes v. Zzz top
Santana
The Allman Brothers
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Will have to do it on the laptop. Writing longer or more elaborate comments has become very difficult on mobile device in the last few days (no markdown here?)

OK, OK. So I'll try to play by the rules. I won't add anybody. However, on some I want to keep both and on some vote for neither. Am I in trouble again? ;)

The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Yes v. Zzz top
Santana
The Allman Brothers
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Lol no that's fine, since it's head to head match up, either way a vote for both or for neither is nil, the same result and won't effect the vote, some other guys voted like that in the first round. But it's fine to mark it down that way since you told me what you meant.

David Bowie v. Elton John was a good one though. Bowie has been battling heavyweights both rounds lol

This is definitely getting much tougher.

The Rolling Stones
Steely Dan
Pink Floyd
ELO
Led Zeppelin
Yes
Santana
The Who
Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
David Bowie
Queen
The Police
Styx
Van Halen
Lynrd Skynrd

I'm so pissed Elton John and David Bowie were against each other in only the second round. The others were actually fairly easy.

Rolling Stones
Pat Benatar
The Doors
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Yes
Rush
The Who
The Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
David Bowie
Queen
Wings
The Pretenders
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Foreigner

Man, pinning the doors against pink floyd, is one of the hardest mental decisions iv ever come across.
Yeah that was a tough one. I went with Pink Floyd, as I do love The Doors a ton, but sonically and artistically Pink Floyd is just on a whole other plane. I mean, I might vote for them up against any artist on here honestly.

And I think The Doors wrote and played some awesome tunes, but it was much more of a packaged sound that seemed to crank out awesome hits. Pink Floyd had the benefit of starting with three incredible songwriters and frontmen, and having decades worth of time to try so many different things. The synth work for both bands is phenomenal, ultimately Pink Floyd is a little more introspective which has brought it into a special place in my heart.

I do love the Doors and I can't stand when I hear Jim Morrison haters. The guy was a blast lol.

Man, pinning the doors against pink floyd, is one of the hardest mental decisions iv ever come across.
Well, let's hear it, which one you got!? It could be the decision maker, there aren't a ton of people voting right now.

I'm so pissed Elton John and David Bowie were against each other in only the second round. The others were actually fairly easy.

Rolling Stones
Pat Benatar
The Doors
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Yes
Rush
The Who
The Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
David Bowie
Queen
Wings
The Pretenders
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Foreigner
You're the type of guy that would like Yes 😒:rockband:

I'll leave both up if neither are good.

The Rolling Stones v. The Cars

Steely Dan v. Pat Benatar

The Doors

ELO v. Aerosmith

Led Zeppelin

Yes v. Zzz top

Santana

Jimi Hendrix

Fleetwood Mac

Elton John

Alice Cooper v. Queen

Wings v. The Police

The Pretenders v. Styx

Stevie Ray Vaughn v. Van Halen

Foreigner

It smells like a Fleetwood Mac concert in here.

The Rolling Stones

Pat Benatar

Pink Floyd

Aerosmith

Led Zeppelin

Zzz top

Santana

The Who

Jimi Hendrix

David Bowie

Queen

The Police