💥 Contest 💥 The Greatest Classic Rock Artist

Van Halen v. Journey (not keen on either but Journey are pure shite)

Lynyrd Skynyrd v. Thin Lizzy (can appreciate some LS but I saw TL live and they were immense)
You got to see Thin Lizzy live? That's dope when was that?

Yeah journey's actually actually pretty awesome. Even if you think they're corny or whatever they have a pretty awesome level of musicianship, and the singers voice was off the charts good.

Wheel in the sky is one of my favorites, it's a classic

13th floor elevators
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
The Who
Led Zepplin
Jefferson Airplane
Steave Miller
Strawberry alarm clock
And every Psychedelic band there is.

wasn't remembering wheel in the sky when thinking of journey... good call there... i'll still go with skynard though... i'll have to remember wheel in the sky is journey... i always forget who ELO are too involving this thread. i tried to mention when something was something i was familiar with because of this... definitely was born in the 80's, so a lot of this stuff is hard to remember, but was played at me my whole life.

30 mins left of sudden death round

Sudden death for round 1 is concluded... Van Halen beats out Journey 4-1, and Lynyrd Skynyrd beats Thin Lizzy 4-1...

That's all for Round 1, I will put the next bracket together and we'll roll on to crown a champion.

You left some of the best out.
From your list.

The Rolling Stones
The Cars
Bruce Springsteen
The Eagles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Van Morrison
Yes
ZZ Top
Heart
The Doobie Brothers v. Santana - both good
Steve Miller Band
The Who v. Eric Clapton - both good
The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
The Allman Brothers
Tom Petty
John Mellencamp
Jethro Tull
The Pretenders
Stevie Ray Vaughn

I deleted 7 lines as "neither good". I have 2 lines as "both good". That leaves me 5 to add.
I can't believe you didn't have

Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
Neil Young
Jeff Beck
Traffic
Janis Joplin
Another vote for the Grateful Dead

So, I'm 3 over. :)

half of the names even don't heart about,some of them only know by name,but from all that i know;
my favourite-Pink Floyd(the best band for me),Jimi Hendrix-got not enough words for him,The Doors-in my early years big fan....now like a few songs only,Stones are good,but not fan,(was in my twenties),Steppenwolf are good,Springstean-not a fan,Supertramp-just a two songs i like,Aerosmith and Genesis-not a fan at all,Moody Blues-unimpressive,but Zeppelin-one of the best in my list....still,ZZ top and Rod Steward-absolutely unimpressive,Jethro Tull-once a big fan...now still like it,AC/DC-Yes ofcourse....with Bon almost,The Beatles-Great indeed....my intro to western music....incredible band,Clapton-i like it...more like a solo artist,than with Cream or Blind Faith.....the rest I never heard them or only just one two songs......principally cannot understand the point a group vs group?

Van Halen v. Journey (not keen on either but Journey are pure shite)

Lynyrd Skynyrd v. Thin Lizzy (can appreciate some LS but I saw TL live and they were immense)
God lives all his childers! 😉

See, yer tainted by the live-experience but that's understandable...must have been a beauty!

"Da da dum, da dum, daa da dum da dum, da da dum, dum dum da dum..."🎶🎸

From your list.

The Rolling Stones
The Cars
Bruce Springsteen
The Eagles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Van Morrison
Yes
ZZ Top
Heart
Steve Miller Band
The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
The Allman Brothers
Tom Petty
John Mellencamp
Jethro Tull
The Pretenders
Stevie Ray Vaughn

I deleted 7 lines as "neither good". I have 2 lines as "both good". That leaves me 5 to add.

Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Neil Young
Jeff Beck
Traffic
Janis Joplin

half of the names even don't heart about,some of them only know by name,but from all that i know;
my favourite-Pink Floyd(the best band for me),Jimi Hendrix-got not enough words for him,The Doors-in my early years big fan....now like a few songs only,Stones are good,but not fan,(was in my twenties),Steppenwolf are good,Springstean-not a fan,Supertramp-just a two songs i like,Aerosmith and Genesis-not a fan at all,Moody Blues-unimpressive,but Zeppelin-one of the best in my list....still,ZZ top and Rod Steward-absolutely unimpressive,Jethro Tull-once a big fan...now still like it,AC/DC-Yes ofcourse....with Bon almost,The Beatles-Great indeed....my intro to western music....incredible band,Clapton-i like it...more like a solo artist,than with Cream or Blind Faith.....the rest I never heard them or only just one two songs......principally cannot understand the point a group vs group?

I forgot about the Who.
Seems like a long Journey to victory.

From your list.

The Rolling Stones
The Cars
Bruce Springsteen
The Eagles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Van Morrison
Yes
ZZ Top
Heart
Steve Miller Band
The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
The Allman Brothers
Tom Petty
John Mellencamp
Jethro Tull
The Pretenders
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Neil Young
Jeff Beck
Traffic
Janis Joplin

Yeah we've been over this lol... I didn't make the bracket some radio station in Detroit did. As such, most of the picks are radio artists. You don't really hear much of any of those artists you named on the mainstream classic rock radio, despite them being great rock artists.

And yeah round 1 is already finished but you're welcome to throw in a vote for round 2 when I post it.