💥 Contest 💥 The Greatest Classic Rock Artist

Nice collection to listen to wjen I feel like getting into the psychedelic mood (nothing's impossible)

What a great idea! I'm sorry I missed the first round, but I'll gladly join in on round two. Because I'm so old, I remember when most of these artists started to become popular. If I had to choose my #1 favorite group, that would be Pink Floyd, without a doubt. But that's just me.
Here's my vote on Round Deux:

Round Deux:

The Rolling Stones

Steely Dan

Pink Floyd

ELO

Led Zeppelin

Zzz top

Santana

The Who

Jimi Hendrix

The Allman Brothers

David Bowie

Queen

The Police

Styx

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Foreigner

Has anyone on here heard Hendrix? It's so apples and oranges. The Beatles are good, happy, rock which always cheers you up and Hendrix is pure genius that always amazes you.
What amazes me about Hendrix is the amount of music he recorded but didn't release because he didn't think it was good enough. In my voting for round two I said Pink Floyd is my #1 favorite. Hendrix is right up there with them, but I never saw him in concert while I went to many Pink Floyd concerts.

Hendrix Obviously

Honorable mention to me [RIP] when I fronted Mother Love Bone.

MLB = hair metal + classic rock - not grunge.

It's so apples and oranges. The Beatles are good, happy, rock which always cheers you up and Hendrix is pure genius that always amazes you.
Yeah, I voted Beatles but I love Hendrix.
Fuck yeah.

Hendrix is a complete god and if we have to bring it down to individual artists and not the bands Hendrix might just straight up win that one.
Who is greater-- The Beatles or Jimi Hendrix?
That is an unanswerable question. It's like asking which do you need for survival-- food or water?
In overall influence, variety of musical styles, and sheer volume of output, surely The Beatles win.
But Hendrix totally revolutionized the guitar. There have been many imitators and innovators (some quite good), but nobody played electric guitar anything like that until Hendrix came along.

Damn it, that first picture of johnny cash with his middle finger up. *story time skip away* I had a homeless friend/drifter, I check his fb randomly and I mean f'in randomly, first and only time probably......his post is a picture of his pale ass under an umbrella, on the umbrella was a giant middle finger.... I get ahold of dude and im like "that is the finger of the late great johnny cash isn't it" ... "How TF would you know that"..... Dude Ill give you 50 bucks for it right now ..... couple days later I inquire again, nah man I just left it on the beach! DAMN if I can recognize a man by his middle finger you should know im forreal.....

At any rate, Clapton, Joe Walsh, Rory Gallagher, of course Hendrix. I think that is just guitar. I wish I could like fantasy football a band together lol.

At any rate, Clapton, Joe Walsh, Rory Gallagher, of course Hendrix. I think that is just guitar. I wish I could like fantasy football a band together lol.
Saw Rory Gallagher in the early 80's aged 16 (me that is, not Rory). Unforgettable, even after all this time a very vivid memory

Hendrix was famously asked "What's it like being the best guitarist in the world?" to which he replied "I have no idea - you'd better ask Rory Galagher". So there's that!

YES YES!! I am glad you know that quote. I was actually named after Rory Gallagher, not Calhoun ya 'patriots'. But thats umm totally not my name. Im gallagher ezekial O'brian, good to meet you....

The people have spoken and the results are IN!!!!!

We have THREE ties this round... So I am going to give until midnight tomorrow night EST to take votes for the second round sudden death, so a little over 24 hours...

Yes v. Zz Top

The Beatles v. Jimi Hendrix

Lynyrd Skynyrd v. Foreigner

The Rolling Stones I I I I I I I I I W
V.
The Cars I

Steely Dan I I I I
V.
Pat Benatar I I I I I I W

The Doors I I
V
Pink Floyd I I I I I I I I I W

ELO I I I I I I W
V
Aerosmith I I I I

Led Zeppelin I I I I I I I I I I I W
V
Van Morrison

Yes I I I I I
V
Zz top I I I I I TIE

Rush I I I I I
V
Santana I I I I I I I W

Steve Miller Band I
V
The Who I I I I I I I I W

The Beatles I I I I I
V
Jimi Hendrix I I I I I TIE

Fleetwood Mac I I I I I I I I W
V
The Allman Brothers I I I

David Bowie I I I I I I I W
V
Elton John I I I

Alice Cooper I
V
Queen I I I I I I I I I W

Wings I I I
V
The Police I I I I I I W

The Pretenders I I I I I I I W
V
Styx I I I

Stevie Ray Vaughn I I I I I I W
V
Van Halen I I I I

Lynyrd Skynyrd I I I I I I TIE
V
Foreigner I I I I I I

Zz Top

Jimi Hendrix

Lynyrd Skynyrd

round 2

The Rolling Stones
Pat Benatar
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Zzz top
Rush
The Who
The Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
David Bowie
Queen
The Police
The Pretenders
Van Halen
Lynyrd Skynyrd

alasdair

round 2

The Rolling Stones
Pat Benatar
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Zzz top
Rush
The Who
The Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
David Bowie
Queen
The Police
The Pretenders
Van Halen
Lynyrd Skynyrd

alasdair
Round 2 has already been tallied up, but I'll count your votes for the sudden death matches:

ZZ Top
The Beatles
Lynyrd Skynyrd