• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Book of Enoch - A good read even for bible philistines ?

Ziiirp

Bluelighter
Hi,

I already asked the question in another thread, but admittedly it did not fit the thread.

Has anyone here read the Book of Enoch and can recommend the best - meaning most authentic - version (language is not important) ? I don't know much about Christianity to be honest. I read a few parts of the bible and was entertained, but not convinced about its significance.

The Book of Enoch seems to be more unconventional and fantastic in comparison.

Is this oral rendition of the book accurate :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmfmCdqzbQ

?

Thanks for the opinions.

Interesting, those statues are the subjects of many contemporary (conspiracy) theories. Could you perhaps ask your relatives, what the best version of this book is ?

Might not be related, but very well could be :

There was a report in Strassman's "The Spirit Molecule" where in a clinical experiment under the influence of injected DMT the subject had an experience, where he was raped by lizards. I found that very awkward and the association with history is not far to seek, considering those statues.

Makes me wonder, what DMT is really capable of, respectively what the actual effect is (apart from the pharmacological dynamics).

^I wonder if the lizard-rape came about as a result of his body actually being in a rather invasive experiment? But yeah, I've experienced entities on quite a few DMT trips, and they've ranged in realism and 'presentness'. I had an experience on salvia where I felt like I was strapped to a hospital gurney being rushed through some kind of space-port by these green tentacle things. That felt really strange and disorienting, quite close to some of the descriptions in the Spirit Molecule, closer than most of my DMT experiences. I can't recall if I had read it or not at the time of that trip.

I had a similar experience on DPT, but it was not as explicit, more in a metaphorical sense I felt surrounded by "sinister" forces, that observe me and I was extradited mercilessly. Luckily "they" didn't "touch" me.

But that DMT-report in Strassman's book is too congruent to those statues to discard the trip as auto-suggestive rationalization. It was described too graphically and explicitly for that. That is why I doubt the doubt method in this case.

Another thing I just thought of. One year I had a summerjob dusting in the buildings that belong to our old carhedral. Not in the cathedral, but the offices and museum and all the buildings around it.

Anyway, one time I was there really late at night (actually, one time I came into the offices at 1 o'clock at night and came across the arch bishop working in nothing but shorts as it was so hot, but that's another story) and it felt pretty scary being in the museum alone at night as they had these scary gargoyle-like holy artefacts there.

They were made of silver and seemed like they could have been from the middle ages. There was one shaped like a crocodille and one a standing lizard. I just find it interesting they would be considered holy objects belonging to the national cathedral.

Did you ask the bishop, where he hides the lizard(s) ? Sorry, but the assist was too good to dismiss. :p

Anyway, I need to read this book, but the danger is there, to read a distorted version. There must be a legit original praised by theology alumni.

Lol. The bishop was quite young, with a good body, and I remember he had very radiant eyes. He looked quite enlightened in a way, but I don't know in what way. There is also a negative path to enlightenment.

What you refer to as "enlightenment" I call insanity. Not connoted in a bad way at all. The most popular example of a positively insane entity would be Daruma.

The world needs more positively insane folks. In a way you could also call it possessed. Possessed by a good or bad spirit perhaps.

Hermann Hesse also had these scarily radiant eyes. Intelligence can also look like that.

Another thing I just thought of. One year I had a summerjob dusting in the buildings that belong to our old carhedral. Not in the cathedral, but the offices and museum and all the buildings around it.

Anyway, one time I was there really late at night (actually, one time I came into the offices at 1 o'clock at night and came across the arch bishop working in nothing but shorts as it was so hot, but that's another story) and it felt pretty scary being in the museum alone at night as they had these scary gargoyle-like holy artefacts there.

They were made of silver and seemed like they could have been from the middle ages. There was one shaped like a crocodille and one a standing lizard. I just find it interesting they would be considered holy objects belonging to the national cathedral.

According to various myths, gargoyle statues or sculptures are actually protective in nature as they scare off evil spirits. So it would make sense to have that on a holy building.

I really dig it, pretty fascinating to me. it has the same type of phrasing as the Bible, but not considered reliable by some. but the authenticity of some of todays Bible is also in question, esp certain translations. who knows what has been taken or added to over the years. they gonna pay for that, but i digress.

was reading something the other day that i found kind of comforting from it. can't remember where, something like chapter 50ish? that on judgement day, the world would be given a chance to confess that Jesus was lord before judgement.

ah found it, was chapter 50. this made me feel better about it all. hell really bothers me a lot. im terrified of it. ive had a taste. not good. the thought of my heathen friends going to hell works me up a lot but i aint trying to join...party or no.

1 And in those days a change shall take place for the holy and elect, And the light of days shall abide upon them, And glory and honour shall turn to the holy, 2 On the day of affliction on which evil shall have been treasured up against the sinners.

And the righteous shall be victorious in the name of the Lord of Spirits: And He will cause the others to witness (this) That they may repent And forgo the works of their hands.

3 They shall have no honour through the name of the Lord of Spirits, Yet through His name shall they be saved, And the Lord of Spirits will have compassion on them, For His compassion is great.

4 And He is righteous also in His judgement, And in the presence of His glory unrighteousness also shall not maintain itself: At His judgement the unrepentant shall perish before Him. 5 And from henceforth I will have no mercy on them, saith the Lord of Spirits.

there is more if you understand the context, but what i gathered, was before judgement the non-elect would have a chance to repent and be saved from judgement. they would not inherit the kingdom of God and receive no honor, but would be saved from hell. then Jesus would have no mercy on them after that. that sounds more like the God I understand.

after reading a bunch that night, i woke up the next morning, kind of foggy (rather groggy, they helped me from my car...lol) and i heard a voice. ive always felt like I never hard God speak to me in plain language beofore and im not sure he really does that, but I heard him talk to me about punishment. I thought he said something like how he is the Lord my God and he makes all things new, he is busy turning evil into good and breathing life into the world and how he has little time or need for punishment bc he is too busy doing good things. I wish I could remember the wording, it was beautiful and much more eloquent. I looked for the verse but couldn't find it, don't think it really is one. I had been feeling kind of bummed about the negative aspects of Christianity and I have felt more positive about it all since, which is good, bc it was really bothering me a lot.

same as yall. ;)

kind of mesmerizing to see the wicked thrown into the abyss. that would be something to see.

also from what i gathered from the book, this is where ayahuasca, possibly soma and other root cuttings and psychedelia come from. always thought those stories were kind of lame about how they were discovered. like the porcupine story about ibogaine. seems unlikely by experimentation, and a more than a few deaths would result from ingesting anything and everything in the rainforest, etc.

these fallen angels have been showing us stuff through the ages i think. i think they have held a lot of influence and I wonder how much of what we know can be attributed to them. maybe geniuses werent that genius and had a muse of some sort or whatever. not sure...something to ponder.

Thanks a lot for the contribution @jammin83 . What is the version of the book you are reading ?

[...] I had been feeling kind of bummed about the negative aspects of Christianity and I have felt more positive about it all since, which is good, bc it was really bothering me a lot.

kind of mesmerizing to see the wicked thrown into the abyss. that would be something to see.

I personally also attribute several negative properties to the current state of the Christian population. In central Europe, the Christians turn away from their own religion, they think it suffices to pay their church taxes and that's it. It bothers me, that such a low amount of official Christians is interesting in the mysticism behind it, which defines the identity of a religion (Paganism was mysticism only afaik). Christianity without mysticism is just a random global social institution (with the same dangers of corruption, power abuse).

IMHO jews and muslims (just to name the religions with relations to Christianity) pay much more attention to the mystic aspects of their denomination. Hence their religion is much more useful in everyday life than the washed down version of Christianity most European Christians (more some sort of atheism/nihilism than a religion) got accustomed to.

What you refer to as hell I would just call Karma. No human can exclude themselves from karmic consequences/influences. If you ignore it and continue to hurt living beings, it will only get worse.

I think Christianity went to some lengths to be a utilitarian religion. Its less about feeling and more about ritual.

Thanks a lot for the contribution @jammin83 . What is the version of the book you are reading ?

I personally also attribute several negative properties to the current state of the Christian population. In central Europe, the Christians turn away from their own religion, they think it suffices to pay their church taxes and that's it. It bothers me, that such a low amount of official Christians is interesting in the mysticism behind it, which defines the identity of a religion (Paganism was mysticism only afaik). Christianity without mysticism is just a random global social institution (with the same dangers of corruption, power abuse).

IMHO jews and muslims (just to name the religions with relations to Christianity) pay much more attention to the mystic aspects of their denomination. Hence their religion is much more useful in everyday life than the washed down version of Christianity most European Christians (more some sort of atheism/nihilism than a religion) got accustomed to.

What you refer to as hell I would just call Karma. No human can exclude themselves from karmic consequences/influences. If you ignore it and continue to hurt living beings, it will only get worse.

Very valid points and I agree on most of it. I don't believe in karma, but I believe that you reap what you sow, which is a similar principal.

A good church thats alive is hard to find these days, most of christianity has been corrupted by means of religion and some is used as a means of control. I don't think true Christianity was ever intended to be a religion. Religion is man made and I am not a religious person and religion makes it seem like one of many that are out there. I reject most aspects of religion that is just meaningless tradition. That said, I think communion holds merit, as does being baptized, a handful of other things that Im failing to recall atm as well. Most of what is done today is pretty meaningless and most likely pointless. I don't think God wants us to participate in something that our hearts aren't in. He know our hearts so its not like were getting one over on him.

I think what you are referring to is what is called 'lukewarm'. God tells Christians that if you are lukewarm he will spit you out (paraphrasing). He wants us to be hot or cold not just going through the motions. I consider catholicism a false religion in most aspects (Islam is def a false religion), but its not my place to judge where other Christians end up, im sure some will still be saved, the (perhaps not THE, a at least) false prophet pope however, I would have strong doubts about. Lots of things that aren't Biblical within Catholicism.. Putin was right to reject Catholicism bc he sees it for what it is and that's primarily a means of control in the west. Catholicism is responsible for intertwining paganism with Christianity which aren't compatible. There are words about this in the book of revelations.

Mysticism is generally a secular type of term, but I get your point nonetheless. To me, Christianity, is based on the relationship that I have with who I consider my Creator. I have a more fantastical and literal view of Christianity, where believers have visions, dream dreams, and miracles are possible. I find it pretty trippy stuff, and I think that things that people reject as fiction, remain possible today same as in the old testament. Its much more to me than a stereotypical go to church on Sunday type thing. I think it has a lot of power and its frustrating to see it reduced to what it is now. I think when one's faith is strong enough, just about anything that's within god's will is possible. Most churches try to bring in new believers so they dumb a lot of things down, don't preach the gospel, and make it easily accesible, which is fine, but everybody deserves to get fed. People like joel osteen (pastor of the biggest church in America, questionable symbology and message, likely an infiltrator, there are many) rarely even mention Jesus, or sin, or repenting.

the version that i read varies, generally, what I bring up on google, but i think i have noticed some differences, ill try and find a link for you. I don't put much stock into the book as its not the Bible, but I do find it pretty fascinating and can't help but feel there is some truth in there about the watchers and things of that nature. food for thought, if nothing else.

Ill try to contribute more in the future, but am strapped for time right now.