• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

The Angel In The Office dedicated to my son Anthony 8-28-97 to 11-22-09

JWilliamson007

Greenlighter
One day, so many years ago when my son was still very little, we had an appointment @ the doctor's office. When we arried there was an older woman in the waiting room. As I sat there wondering why she was alone she spoke to me, as women often do. She began by telling me what a beautiful child I had. Instead of smiling, as mothers often do, I hung my head and sadly said, "He will never be like other children, he will never do the things that other children do, he is handicap." The older woman sensed my despair, and my fears. She knew I felt my child was not worthy of such compliments, but she did not turn away.....as people often did. Instead, she held my hand and softly said,
"Now, Now my dear, I have known a little boy just like yours & a son of mine. He suffered a terrible accident that left him severely handicap.....But the truth my dear, I have never known any creature no matter how small their mind, that didn't respond to Love." Then she laid her hand on my baby and smiled so sweetly & lovingly @ him.
Soon the nurse called our name and we went to see the doctor forgetting the older woman in the waiting room. But as days passed I kept remembering her kind touch and her words echoed in my thoughts. Something inside my heart had changed. I began to enjoy holding my baby and hugging him so often as mothers are supposed to do. Then something inside my baby began to change...he became so content & full of Joy. I realizd his heart possessed feelings far beyond that of his intelligence. From him I learned a rare and special kind of love that was totally unselfish & unconditional. His simple joy at my affection caused me to become patient & longsuffering. In time I began to enjoy every moment with him. It was my baby who had accepted me exactly how I was while he waited patiently for me to learn to love him. I vowed never to leave him sick or lonely. This little boy, my son, whom I had once refused to look at and hold began to appear to have the most beautiful angelic face and his smile was nothing short of a miracle.
I often think of the older woman in the waiting room and her words that changed our lives. She was an Angel, who knew the face of Love and all I had to do was listen and look with my heart.

This is a true story about my son Anthony who passed away three years ago today. He was the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me and I am comforted knowing he is in a better place now & will be great in Heaven. He truly taught me a special kind of love I feel so fortunate to feel. I love Celine Dion's song "A New Day Has Come" because she also waited for that miracle all in the eyes of a boy. I miss you today my sweet Anthony, and I will nevers stop wanting to think about you always son. Love your Mama

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in reincarnation, or at least sometimes i'd like to.
Working with people with disabilities has often made me wonder if they are closer to the goal [ of finally ending the human cycle and moving on to something better ] because they teach us so much about ourselves.

If everything does happen for a reason then it sounds like your son came down to show you that unconditional love, for whatever reason that was his purpose, having taught you that lesson it was him time to move on.

Thank you for sharing that, take care

It was my baby who had accepted me exactly how I was while he waited patiently for me to learn to love him.

Beautiful words.

I, too, work in the disabled sector. I'm not sure I believe that people with disabilities are "closer" than people without disabilities. Neither is. Or isn't. Souls are souls. Some are beautiful. Some, not so. Your son, disabled or not, was a beautiful soul.

God bless.

^
'tis just a thought i've had =-]
I work with people with learning difficulties
You certainly find out what kind of man you are when you're spending 14 hours with someone who is child-like, vulnerable, yet demanding and at times aggressive or just plain annoying.

Anyways OP, this thread isnt about me, so i shall shhh now

I've been working with people with brain injuries for over ten years. And, autism, CP, MD, etc. It took me a while to realize how beautiful some of them are because I've been trained to cherish intelligence over soul. I get what you're saying Justin. But it cannot be concluded that lack of intelligence is an indication of soul any more than intelligence. That's all I'm saying.

Beauty has no correlation to IQ, one way or the other.

I really enjoyed reading this, anyhow.