Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(THC) and dnb production

DOB

Bluelighter
this report isnt about how it feels to smoke weed since everbody knows it from first hand but about what may happen in your brain too if you are producing music for long time and its you biggest passion...

The friend that left my home,he smoked some nice weed,definately on potent side of things.I didnt smoked before that one month and before that one month too so even when it was like half hour after we ended puffin the erb,I still felt alot high

right as he left I was hit by tons of technicaly detailed techniques and experiments I must do right now in my daw of choice the Reason 5.

The basslines melodies and drum patterns were striking my mind in such a clarity it put smile on my face,since I know this very good,I knew that this is day when my skill will rise again.

right when something came to my mind I done it asap.My previous experience was that if I wait even little bit I forget it,while all this happen my brain ask my every thirty seconds in way like skilled bussines man questions like "wank? "burritos?" and I am like stfu I need to do my stuff,maybe later

the idea of my family getting home sparks a good old paranoia,like when I started ages ago,my eyes are like... used tampon,I lol at mirror how I grown in last time,how more adult I look and how ugly motherfucker I am

then I try to hide my pipe but in proces go into psycho loop,it goes like "hmm,where to put that bong.... I have been kicked out two times,I must hide it really well" then I think about all places in our house but in the thc induced carefullnes I asume no place is good enough,but I must put it somewhere so I think about all these places like in circle,when I think about some place for fifth time or something like that I look at clock at see that I spend 15 minutes just standing here with bong in my hand thinking where to put it

so I say fuck that shit and put it into some not ideal place and then return to Reason 5.I concetrate on fattening my kick and snare,as I fine tune snare made by new technique I discovered during my creativity rush I hear subtle difference when chaning settings of compression,distortion and other things that werent that "visible" hour before.

so I layer this snare with taste like pro,then aply just enough tape distortion to bring that analog goodness,but being SPL maniac I am,I EQ and compress it even more with other units to make it killer sound,the peak of snare is put little bit lower to 200hz from previous 220hz,same with kick,its now 90-105hz kick,not 105-125hz... I re tune them in into final tree ways,then compare then next to each other,crank the volume up and pick the fattest one.

then I listen tune with new kick and snare about 10 minutes nonstop,just becose it sounds soo good now and I have this optimistic feeling that maybe year from now I may be good enough to release some things on vinyl

then I switch to bassline crafting,the previous melody I had seems boring and not energetic enough,so I make a new one,very logic full one,each notes lenght,volume and sound is perfectly matched mathematicaly with beat and other notes,its like geometry,since I am being stoned I use calculator to find out where the next note should be

then it hit me,wank and burritos! so I eat and excerise and then I go to sleep even when its just lunch time and thats the end of report

also one last thing,after production sessions like these freqently dream all night long about equalizers,compressors and even dnb is playing in my head thats just been made by my brain

Very cool report man. I play many musical instruments and have often wanted to write a trip report about what it feels like to play in front of people and create music while under the influence.

Favorite quote:"Then it hit me, wank and burritos"....classic line ;)

Very cool report man. I play many musical instruments and have often wanted to write a trip report about what it feels like to play in front of people and create music while under the influence.

Favorite quote:"Then it hit me, wank and burritos"....classic line ;)

thanks man :) I was thinking its too short but I like to hear you had your LOL dose :D

I would love to hear what think and feel when playing high,pm me when your done

Playing around in Ableton is one of my favorite things to do while stoned. Ditto djstanley, could you post the tune so we can listen? Great report, thanks for posting

edit: not to hijack your topic, but here's a couple cannabis-influenced tracks I've come up with recently. Love to hear yours
this one is all synthetic sounds from inside ableton: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hnfe01
this one is all samples from a vastly underrated and very forward-thinking BBC series "Quatermass and the Pit": http://www.sendspace.com/file/8n4du7

<3

Last edited:
nice report. i am a big fan of dnb. i notice that when im on something spinning records is always an interesting experience. lol