Thank You Dave

herbavore

Bluelight Crew
Our fantastic and beloved Moderator, Dave, has stepped down to pursue his flute playing, yoga practice, cooking, social life and otherwise give his life outside of TDS his attention. Dave is one of the most selfless and clear headed voices on Bluelight. He has been a role model to many people that are struggling to address their issues with anxiety and depression without drugs. He can deliver his opinion with tact and respect for other opinions. He sets the tone for discussion rather than argument. Dave has brought a wealth of his own experience to TDS and Bluelight in general. I don't think that I have ever met anyone that has worked so creatively and diligently and fearlessly to transform his own inner, and therefore outer, life. He certainly has inspired me. He has been my mentor here in TDS and will always be my friend. Let's let him know how much he has been appreciated here in TDS.<3<3

Dave it has been an absolute joy working together with you in TDS. Thank you so much for all your hard work, beautiful advice and invaluable support that you've given to everyone in TDS over the years. I know you won't be a stranger to this place but I will miss working with you. Much love :) <3

very well said, herb. :)

dave, you've given your all to tds and it hasn't gone unnoticed. <3 <3 <3

You want to learn how to play Spades, Dave? It'll be my going away present to you =) <3 love ya buddy

Dave embodies wisdom, intelligence, empathy and care rolled into one individual. You probably have no idea of the impact that you have had on me. The support, insight and patience that you have shown me has helped me grow and I question that, without all of this from you, I may very well have picked up that needle long ago.

I love you deeply, Dave. We need to clone you <3

Dave embodies wisdom, intelligence, empathy and care rolled into one individual.

He also has an incredible way with words, his posts contain such clarity and insight.

Best wishes for your future endeavours Dave. :)

You're the Man.

Dave, I love you.

The time I spent alongside you as moderator was relatively short; what I have learnt from you, however, has proven both poignant and lasting.
Your words speak for themselves, and never needed embellishment. I was, and continue to be, so impressed by how eloquently you express the deepest of remarks without losing the reader in an ocean of verbose language.

Aside from your merits as a mentor and fellow staff, you're one of the longest resident members of Bluelight, and this is positively reflected in the ways in which you interact with the forums and members of Bluelight. I am so honored to have you as a friend and confidante; you can be well-assured that I will remain in touch with you as much as you'll allow ;)

My very best wishes on your future endeavors. I expect you to record us a session of you freakin' the funk on your flute, soon =D

My everlasting love and respect.

Jamie

Go Dave!
Great work, now you can enjoy your flute playing to the max :)

Ah! I just now saw this!
Dave, you know how I feel about you! You're an incredibly generous, kind hearted, intelligent and simply amazing man.
We all appreciate the stellar advice you've given here in TDS- and I am so lucky to have you as a friend <3
You've been my friend right from the get go and I will never forget the support and compassion you've given me over the years.
I'm very glad you will continue on in Blogs (back with Sporky like the beginning!;)).
THANK YOU for all you have done for not only TDS, but BL across the board. (And me personally)
<3

Dave you will be missed. You made a great mod but you have to do what you have to do so i can understand you stepping down.

Don't be a stranger my man. Peace

Dave who?

;)

You are all amazing-- thank you very much for the kind wishes! I'm taking some time away from TDS right now, and probably BL as a whole (save Blogs) soon enough, but I'll be back some time.

Herb: I've said this before and I'll say it again: I continue to be amazed at both the breadth and depth of your compassion. effie was right; you are a Bodhisattva. Any compliment from you is truly praise from caesar.

n3o: I've considered it an honour and absolute privilege to have worked with someone as both intelligent and kindhearted as you. I want to wish you continued good fortune with your continuing adventures, and to exhort you to take good care of yourself. :)

Serotonin: Heh; you bring the cards, I'll bring some iced tea! Let's make this happen!

Stardust.Hero: Likewise. :) I'm so glad that you and Red are here, though-- TDS is in great hands. Continue the discussions that were started, and if you ever need an extra opinion I'll be available offsite.

OD: Any thread that can bring you out of the woodwork is serious business indeed. ;) Everything you say about me reflects that which is within you. No cloning, but we must meet someday-- that's a promise.

Sheff: Thanks!

Vaya: I'm fortunate to have been able to get to know you as well as I have during our overlapping tenures, and I look forward to continuing the acquaintance for quite a while yet. We are of a kind, I think, and I certainly have learned a lot having worked with you.

tripnot: Word! That's the plan. My hope is that in a couple of years I can start pulling off something like this. (Damn but I love the sound of a bass flute)

ocean: <3

PA: Thanks me b'y; stranger things have happened ;)

xburton: :) I've gotten a bit better at replying to PMs, I swear!

spork: I'm still working with you, but thanks nonetheless! :)

dave, sincere thanks for all your great work here and best of luck with what comes next.

alasdair

You are all amazing-- thank you very much for the kind wishes! I'm taking some time away from TDS right now, and probably BL as a whole (save Blogs) soon enough, but I'll be back some time.

a wise man once told me that they all come back ;)

Dave I'm going to miss you

I remember you being one of the first people to comment on my first post in here... and everything you say just makes sense to me. You're an extremely bright individual and I was really honored to have been able to work with you, and even though I'm sad to see you go, I'm happy to see you pursuing what you love :) Thank you for everything that you have done.

Sorry to see you go from TDS as such wonderfully solid and empathetic Mod. Dave...and thank you for the sound advice and support you gave me when I needed it.
Glad to see you're not leaving altogether though! :)
Wishing you the best with what you're doing in this change mate.
<3

I'm down for it =P I'm a big ice tea drinker (actually having a glass now). Growing up down in Georgia made me fall in loooove.