• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

teva vs. mylan valium

relaxation001

Greenlighter
Has anyone found a difference between valium made by Mylan or Teva? I've had Mylan for years and now it has just stopped working. And when I do take it, I get stomach pains and actually more anxiety. Really weird. I have not had to up my dose at all over the past 12 years and it has always worked fine for my anxiety. Even just taking 2.5mg on an empty stomach gives me that really nice calm feeling. If I'm having a major anxiety attack, then I needed to take a full 5mg. This bottle is not a new batch. This morning I woke up with a med. anxiety attack and I took a 2.5 mg. nothing and stomach pain. Took the other half, nothing. I finally took .05mg of xanax since I felt the anxiety rising even more and within 20 min or so, I was calm and everything settled down.
I just got my prescription that was ordered by the Dr. last week of valium and it's made by Teva and they are white instead of pink.
I was just going to tell the Dr. to forget the valium and that maybe I need to stay with xanax. But it came today. I wonder if it will make a difference?? I'm afraid to try them because I don't like the stomach discomfort I started getting with the other ones.

Teva is an Israeli firm. Wait, what was your question?

A white pill, that is sure to work. Pink pills, who needs then? You outgrew then. Sure. And, Teva just got arsenic approved for medical use. So they obviously know what they are doing

Hope they keep the diazepam a good, safe distance:..

ok question answered have fun

ok. so not sure what your answer was. Besides the teasing of me.... Seriously... do you then think I just out grew the valium and switching to a different benzo is the way to go? I DO NOT want to go to an antidepressant because of the bad experiences I've had with them in the past. HORRIBLE side effects.

Teasing you? No, they really have gotten arsenic approved.

Your tolerance may have increased; would need more details.

in the meantime, try one of those Teva Valium; you should be fine from the arsenic trioxide

I don't know what happened. I had a bad reaction due to the increase in my estrogen prescription -- BAD CHOICE. My anxiety went thru the roof 24/7 non stop. I popped 40 mg of valium thru out the day and NOTHING. I was a mess. If I had decent health insurance, I would have just gone to the ER. Instead, I just rode it out at home in bed. I was so nauseous too, I popped a couple of zofran and that helped. Dr. said to lower the estrogen dose and within 3 days, I started to feel much better. So I really don't understand the sudden change of tolerance. I went from being fine taking 2.5mg to 5mg and have anxiety calm right down to much higher doses after that estrogen disaster and anxiety doesn't budge. I'm seriously thinking about trying effexor. I find myself having anxiety induced nausea almost every day. Afraid to do anything new out of my comfort zone. Can't go on vacation. Don't want to do anything with people. Unless I take enough benzos to keep me drugged and that's not good.