• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Testing Video, Help me decide!

mia305

Greenlighter
Well, after a few comments on a report I did and questions about testing, I decided to throw up a video on a pill I was having some trouble with. Hopefully the colors will come through ok. The first test on top is Marquis, and the 2nd test is Mecke.

Let me know what you think I have got here given both results:

Video Link

i noticed your test kits are from dancesafe.org. the ones i got from dancesafe are clear before any scraping is added. yours look contaminated. by the way, i am we r1 on pillreports.

if your test kits are contaminated, i think these might be regular mdxx reactions. but i am not certain

The first reaction looks somewhat like an MDXX reaction, although I'm not certain some of the color isn't from the pill itself. Not sure about the second. The reagents do look like they're a bit old.

Also, never use a metal object to stir or mix up the reagent/pill scrapings. Unless the stainless is very high grade stainless it will react. 316 grade is only good in ~5% H2SO4 at room temp, and you're using 90% 8o 904L grade is suitable, but unlikely to be found in the kitchen. The problem is that a reaction between the metals in the steel and the acid may interfere with the test.

Wow, I wish I knew this earlier. I have been using the same knife blade i use to scrape the pill to mix the reagent around in the pill scraping.

The kit is about 1 yr old, but I have taken it around to unsavory places(porta potties come to mind) for testing so anything is possible. I am normally really careful to not get any contamination, but I may have ended up with some from the packing sawdust type stuff the vials shipped in. Looks like a new kit may be in my future...

The 2nd reaction (Mecke) looks just like all the previous good ones that I have tested which is why I was concerned the 1st (Marquis) didn't turn as dark as it normally does. But hearing one of you say Marquis looks like MDXX gives me some comfort LOL. I will probably end up taking these in about 2 weeks which is the true test I guess. I don't have a problem with MDXX+ some Speed too much as long as they aren't complete meth bombs. It is really pipes and DXM that I want to avoid.

I normally never use the knife to swirl the stuff around, but got frustrated since it didn't look like too much of a reaction in the video so figured I would try it to see. I also normally start with the scapings first, then the reagent, but figured for the video it might be clearer in reverse.

Thanks for your help and anyone else feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

What should we use to swirl it around? A toothpick? platic knife?

glass eye dropper or a plastic knife should work good. i see people test all the time on plastic spoons on pillreports