• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Tennessee man charged with 4th DUI caught driving his mower down the street

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
Charges of DUI number four have been filed against Patrick Moore of Murfreesboro. The arrest was made just after 3PM on Wednesday. What makes this case so unusual, Moore was not driving a car. In fact, he was said to be driving a red lawn mower.

Police spotted 48-year old Moore at the Battle Avenue / Bridge Avenue intersection. The report states, “The subject appeared to be unsteady, bobbing back and forth while seated on the lawnmower.” Upon making an official traffic stop, police deemed that Moore was too intoxicated to be driving a motor vehicle, which was a lawnmower in this case. Moore was also charged with his second offense of “Driving on a Revoked License.”

The arrest report shows that he was driving an older model Murray mower, red in color.

source: http://wgnsradio.com/murfreesboro-m...t-driving-his-mower-down-the-street-cms-19632

This angers me

If I can't get drunk and get on a lawn mower, then this isn't America.

Charge him with what you'd charge those spoiled teens who ride golf carts on public streets. NOT a DUI. Just my 2c

By the way, I didn't know I needed a drivers license to mow a lawn

What a fucking police state.

Well if your so drunk they take the time to bust you on a lawn mower.. :\

NSFW:
hot-rodding-in-a-john-deere-lawnmower.jpg

haha reminds me of when my mate had a free house. we got super drunk and noticed his sit on lawn mower in the garage. We then noticed it was chained to a ladder so we broke the chains off and rocked the lawn mower lol good times

This angers me

If I can't get drunk and get on a lawn mower, then this isn't America.

Charge him with what you'd charge those spoiled teens who ride golf carts on public streets. NOT a DUI. Just my 2c

By the way, I didn't know I needed a drivers license to mow a lawn

What a fucking police state.

Technically not illegal if it has proper lights iirc.
Not driving it drunk, just driving it in general.
And you don't need a license to drive anything on your private property, and not even on a public street if the engine is under 50cc, but driving any motorized device is illegal with a DUI if you leave your private property.

It was dangerous to drive that lawn mover.
He could have cut the grass unevenly.
Or even mowed somebody down.
Had to be stopped.

Didn't George Jones also get arrested while drunk driving a mower?

This story seems to pop up quite a bit...usually in the south lol. He prob had his license revoked and was taking a leisurely mow on down to the local liquor store.

That’s quite amusing to me. I never thought that someone can be charged with DUI even when on mower. I asked from my friend who works with a Los Angeles DUI attorney and he said he can fight easily unless public or someone’s property was damaged.