• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Tapering off suboxone

Droop1010

Greenlighter
Yo new to posting on here but have a question for anyone who has knowledge on tapering from suboxone. Ive been on it for about 6months and am planning on tapering off completely. Ive gotten myself down to 1mg daily. I am currently on a keto diet. So my question is would coming off suboxone while being in ketosis have any harsh affect during my withdrawal? Is it even healthy to be in ketosis while trying to stop suboxone completly? Basically is there anything i should be knowledgeable of in my situation that anyone can help share?

I know nothing about keto! Lol. But I know a little about tapering the sub.
What was your original dose 6 months ago? And what was your tapering regimen?
I started 6 months ago at 8 mg. 1 month ago I instantly cut it to 4mg. A little sweaty in bed, and irritable. But I also had other meds to help cope. Alcohol, z sleepers, thc oil for sleep, and a little benzo. 2 days ago I cut it it 2mg, again sweaty sleeps , I’m going to stay at 2 mg for a week or so, then go to 1. Then hopefully 0 🙏.
congrats on your taper by the way 😀

Yo new to posting on here but have a question for anyone who has knowledge on tapering from suboxone. Ive been on it for about 6months and am planning on tapering off completely. Ive gotten myself down to 1mg daily. I am currently on a keto diet. So my question is would coming off suboxone while being in ketosis have any harsh affect during my withdrawal? Is it even healthy to be in ketosis while trying to stop suboxone completly? Basically is there anything i should be knowledgeable of in my situation that anyone can help share?
Well done on tapering down! I wish you all the very best getting off it completely <3
As for being in ketosis, I was on the keto diet for about a year, and I have also gone through opiate withdrawals many times (NOT at the same time as being on the keto diet though). Carbs especially sugar can be really comforting during withdrawals, that's the only potential problem I can think of. As for being in ketosis I don't think it will negatively affect your body while coming off sub. I hope that helps.

I don't know much about the diet and withdrawal combo. But, being an opiate user I can talk about detox and withdrawal and that sort of thing. I've used Subs in prison. And I've used a ton of opiates in the streets. From my experience with the bupe it seems as if it's not about how much your taking as it is how long you have been taking it. I mean it's common sense that taking 8mg for 180 days is going to be exponentially worse than taking 1mg for 180 days. In prison a daily dose of mine was roughly 1.5mg a day.

Anyway, none of that is really important. If you are tapering there really is nothing to worry too much about. When you're in full withdrawal one of the most important things to remember is to stay hydrated. Doing a taper and a keto diet really aren't going to be huge.

Properly done you will just be a little uncomfortable. The hardest part will be when it's totally gone. Bupe has a very long half life. So, take it slow from the 1mg to nothing. Very slow because even something the size of a pine tree needle will make a world of difference.

I know nothing about keto! Lol. But I know a little about tapering the sub.
What was your original dose 6 months ago? And what was your tapering regimen?
I started 6 months ago at 8 mg. 1 month ago I instantly cut it to 4mg. A little sweaty in bed, and irritable. But I also had other meds to help cope. Alcohol, z sleepers, thc oil for sleep, and a little benzo. 2 days ago I cut it it 2mg, again sweaty sleeps , I’m going to stay at 2 mg for a week or so, then go to 1. Then hopefully 0 🙏.
congrats on your taper by the way 😀
My original dose was 8mg a day. Im on day 2 right now with no subs. I been eating good exerciseing reading smoking weed and on youtube haha jus tryna get in a healthy routine. But ayee thanks for the advice and good luck on your tapering!

I don't know much about the diet and withdrawal combo. But, being an opiate user I can talk about detox and withdrawal and that sort of thing. I've used Subs in prison. And I've used a ton of opiates in the streets. From my experience with the bupe it seems as if it's not about how much your taking as it is how long you have been taking it. I mean it's common sense that taking 8mg for 180 days is going to be exponentially worse than taking 1mg for 180 days. In prison a daily dose of mine was roughly 1.5mg a day.

Anyway, none of that is really important. If you are tapering there really is nothing to worry too much about. When you're in full withdrawal one of the most important things to remember is to stay hydrated. Doing a taper and a keto diet really aren't going to be huge.

Properly done you will just be a little uncomfortable. The hardest part will be when it's totally gone. Bupe has a very long half life. So, take it slow from the 1mg to nothing. Very slow because even something the size of a pine tree needle will make a world of difference.
Thanks for the advice man im 2days in w no sub dosing..

Ketosis diets have been used to treat epilepsy. So, GABA activity increases somewhat. If you're currently on 1mg, just get rid of it and you will feel comfortable mostly. I cold turkey quit 30mg daily and felt completely fine.

Aye thanks for that article man i been looking for all kinds of foods to snack on during this no opiate carb or sugar shit haha wish i had some benzos tho

Well done on tapering down! I wish you all the very best getting off it completely <3
As for being in ketosis, I was on the keto diet for about a year, and I have also gone through opiate withdrawals many times (NOT at the same time as being on the keto diet though). Carbs especially sugar can be really comforting during withdrawals, that's the only potential problem I can think of. As for being in ketosis I don't think it will negatively affect your body while coming off sub. I hope that helps.
Thanks for that! im really tryna get back to my a1 health so any advice helps.

I think you should be fine! I mean I wouldn't do like the final jump off sub and your first week of induction fever at the same time, as long as they are separated by a bit of time I'm sure its fine. How long have you been on keto?

You're welcome! Keep posting and update us on how everything is going. I'm really interested in keto diets, have you noticed any fat loss yet?
Oh yea i already lost 7 pounds and got the lil pudge i had off. Its been helping me clear out since opioids get me constipated and backed up i feel like i finaly cleared out lol
Next step is clearing out this bupe!

I think you should be fine! I mean I wouldn't do like the final jump off sub and your first week of induction fever at the same time, as long as they are separated by a bit of time I'm sure its fine. How long have you been on keto?
What do u mean induction fever? Ive been doing keto for a month now. I have these strips u can piss on to see if ur in ketosis and it says im in full ketosis

What do u mean induction fever? Ive been doing keto for a month now. I have these strips u can piss on to see if ur in ketosis and it says im in full ketosis
Thats like the carb withdrawal you get when you start keto. Not everyone gets its, and if you do it doesn't last longer than a week usually. If you've been doing it for months already I don't see a problem.

Another question, how long until i can take opiates again w/o the bupe blocking it? I was on 1mg once a day for about a month i am now 3days w no bupe.

Another question, how long until i can take opiates again w/o the bupe blocking it? I was on 1mg once a day for about a month i am now 3days w no bupe.
Well it depends who you ask, for me, it literally takes no time at all, like 6 hours is enough. and at 24 hours the effects are 100%. other people say 2 or 3 days. you should be good at 3 days, especially on such a low dose.