• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering after 5 years/no energy

WhatWasIThinkin

Greenlighter
Hello peeps! I'm kinda new to the group , been poppin on and off here for 5 years for info but never posted I don't think! I also posted to the mental healt group Bc of my anxiety and add. But think I should be here ?
Anywho my name is Amanda or SWIM I can't really figure out if you all do swim still or not
So I've read some awesome stories on this site that have either gotten me they tough times or taught me things. I've noticed that the site has changed. In kinda having trouble navigating of where to post what I'm looking for.
Anywho I've been off opiates 5 years now with the exception of getting teeth pulled and having to take meds Bc I'm a baby but I didn't go crazy.
I although had been taking subutech this whole time and tapering there used to be a thread here for that and I thought the Robert system but maybe that's a different group
I also thought there was a whole group for tapering ?
I was one 1 8mg tab up until about 4 monthes ago I started tampering problem is o have been jumping back and forth with 3/4 to a 1/2.
My goal is a 1/4 or lower. Of course I'd like to get off these things for good but I'm not gonna set that bar too high to just disappoint
I am doing it Bc I remember reading a lot of horror stories with this med and I think I'm going thru the same
I'm not really depressed but I lack serious motivation and can't get my sell up and off my but I have add and my adderal just doesn't do it anymore I take gabapentin and in he beginning it really helped my mood and motivation I wish I could feel that way again, I started about 5 monthes ago and the feeling of no focus no energy and having motivation to do things but can't with anxiety homdying me back started about 1-2 monthes ago
I remember reading a lot of good stories that this med could make you feel that way up until your taking 2mg or less. Do I was hoping to get some support for that and help.
I currently have a script for remeron and teazadone for sleep but do not use it since I am sleeping ok I was also just prescribed lamoctal last month since I did well a few years ago on it
However I don't want to be on an antidepressant anymore Bc I am not sad ! I've been depressed before and want I'm going Thru isn't that. I also have GAD and worry about everything now while using I was on a high dose of benzo and couldn't cope without it
I did well up until about 6 monthes ago I have a lot of things on my life right now that have caused all my stress, my husband broke his knee in September , and I am not working Bc I have been a SAHM for 7 years, we have been at the same place for 5 years and have to move and since we live in the boonies can't find anything and have looked for months.
I hope I didn't break any rules i read them all for 5 groups so I hope I didn't violate any and if so apologize now and will not repeat that offense again! I am sorry this is so long and all over the place but with add that's kinda happens . Nice to meet everyone.
I think I'll post to the intro section but have anxiety about posting to the whole entire site even tho the whole entire site can see this lol
If you have stayed this long Thanks for reading ...