• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Talking to myself (tapentadol / nucynta) Weird shit!!

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Something similar happens to any of you? Every time I'm nodding off I start talking to myself and quite loudly. Sometimes they are things that are meaningful and other times they aren't. It's like if I believe that I am talking to someone else. Weird stuff.
On one occasion my housemate had to get up in the middle of the night because I was talking ramdom shit very loudly, between asleep and awake, in the living room of the house haha. It's almost always when I take tapentadol (+ 500mg) and clonazepam (1mg). But something tells me that tapentadol is the culprit.
Does that happen to anyone else? Just a weird ramdom side effect?.

P.S. Also this combination makes me stutter, which is pretty embarrassing LOL.

I've been told I've been talking non-understandable jibberish/groaning to 'myself' multiple times before when I've been deep in a K-hole. Of course i have no recollection...

Stuttering on the other hand happens nearly every time I do k, even when i feel/look/walk soberly, the talk sometimes lets me down. Makes me well angry sometimes and i feel like slapping myself 😂
I dont mind slurring and stuttering when I'm feeling fucked, but when i feel sober and do it i get well annoyed lol.

I've been told I've been talking non-understandable jibberish/groaning to 'myself' multiple times before when I've been deep in a K-hole. Of course i have no recollection...

Stuttering on the other hand happens nearly every time I do k, even when i feel/look/walk soberly, the talk sometimes lets me down. Makes me well angry sometimes and i feel like slapping myself 😂
I dont mind slurring and stuttering when I'm feeling fucked, but when i feel sober and do it i get well annoyed lol.

I stutter just on tramadol and tapentadol. But on tapentadol is much worse.The greater the euphoria, the more I stutter.
I don't like it because those who know me know immediately that I am high on something.
I wonder if the stuter thing happens with other stronger opioids? Or is it just side effect of atypical opioids?

Something similar happens to any of you? Every time I'm nodding off I start talking to myself and quite loudly. Sometimes they are things that are meaningful and other times they aren't. It's like if I believe that I am talking to someone else. Weird stuff.
On one occasion my housemate had to get up in the middle of the night because I was talking ramdom shit very loudly, between asleep and awake, in the living room of the house haha. It's almost always when I take tapentadol (+ 500mg) and clonazepam (1mg). But something tells me that tapentadol is the culprit.

I've experienced exactly this. Along with doing just plain weird stuff such as putting a teabag where the tablets go in the dishwasher. I am much more careful with Tapentadol now as these side effects are not pleasant...

Not to change subject , but does anyone know if you remove orange coating on Tepentadol, is that sufficient for snorting it?

Not to change subject , but does anyone know if you remove orange coating on Tepentadol, is that sufficient for snorting it?
It supposedly burns quite harshly depending on brand you have. Also, although I’ve seen some suggestion that it was worth it i would imagine you’re just better taking it orally.

I think I tried it once and it was like snorting cayenne pepper. Deeply unpleasant is all I remember. It has always depressed me how nice Oxy is to snort.

I've had some bizzare hypnagogic hallucinations in which I will talk outloud to myself. Pretty weird. Half in dream world, half awake.

You're not the only one who talks to themselves high on their minds on god knows what.

Its just a symptom of being "too f*cked up" for any substance really lol. If you want to have more control in front of others, then the dose has to be within reason to how the drugs affect you.

For example, I would not take 120 mgs of oxycodone or 400 milligrams of adderall before being around people and etcetera. I've seen heroin snorted alone make people sing their own songs to themselves that they composed on the spot. It just depends on how substances affect the individual, and then what level they want to take their use and exactly when.

I'm guessing the benzos are the culprit. Once I hit 1.5 milligrams of any benzo I become frankenstein but think I'm sober. Everyone can tell I'm not right besides me ;)

Benzos are powerful and its often forgotten. Even smaller doses are quite an effective drug for most. Too effective for anxiety lol. Very ineffective for fitting into society depending on the individual.