• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taking oxygen 24 hours after suboxone than containing oxygen for a few days

Bekim51

Greenlighter
taking oxy 24 hours after suboxone then continuing oxy for a few days

Ok so I know this topic has been talked about many times but I haven't came across anyone speaking directly about my situation. So I've been an oxy abuser for about 2 years now after some surgeries and Percocet just didn't work anymore you know the routine. I'm at roughly 100-150mg a day user. Now when I can't afford to get any oxy I always have suboxone as back up and will take about 2-3mg a day as needed. I must note that about 45-60mg used to get me high but since the start of using suboxone I need double that. Now once I'm able to get oxy again say I've been on subs about 4 days. I'll wait 24 hours take my dose oxy and then continue that each morning until I can't afford it anymore than back to taking subs which is normally about 4 days of oxy use then back to subs since I need such a high dose it gets pretty expensive as you must know. My question is if I'm taking it in that routine is the suboxone ever really leaving my system fully and I'm gaining the max out of the oxy? Or am I wasting doses and that's why I need such a high amount in order to feel anything? The day directly after suboxone is always the worst day meaning I don't get as high as I do the following days. Just looking for advice on how to maximize the use of the oxy. Should I be waiting longer than 24 hours before my first dose etc?

Last edited:
My advice is to stop the roller coaster of back and forth from oxy to subs. Your body/brain is confused. And the subs are possibly blocking the oxy. Either use a short term taper of subs to get off oxy or cut your oxy dose/tolerance.

You're wasting $.

Agreed, pick one and stick with it.

Stay on oxy until you feel strong enough to make the switch to subs.

Consider methadone

you should always avoid oxygen when taking subs
just hold your breath until its gone

but yeah sub are blockers so if you plan on using on top you may aswell, as donstatus suggests, pound some 'done

What's the best way to taper with the subs? Should I start with 4mg a day then cut to 3.5 so on.. I've gotten down to .5 before but never was able to jump to 0

Btw I tried editing my horribly autocorrected title and it didn't work apparently lol

Haha I know man I tried fixing it but I can't seem to get it right. Damn autocorrect making me talk about oxygen

Suboxones half life is longer than 24 hours so it builds up each day so youre basically wasting any oxy youre taking if you arent waiting a few days after your suboxone days. You can break through 8 mgs of suboxone with 120mgs of oxycodone but you cant break through DAYS of built up soboxone after just 24 hours. Youre basically wasting both drugs, one is used to STOP taking opiates all the time and the other is one....Super wasteful.

Yeah I figured that but I couldn't afford oxy everyday ya know. Anyways I'm going for quits and haven't had any oxy since Friday been taking about 2-3mg sub a day. Today actually haven't had any and feel ok but I know it's only because it's still in my system. I'll check some other threads for advice on how to successfully get of the oxy using subs. I've done it before down to .5 maybe .25 never made the jump. Anyone have suggestions on that? Anyone Ever hear of vivitrol? I know someone personally that helps fund payment for anyone that wants to get clean and she's been getting most the people on vivitrol it's a shot every 30 days. But I haven't heard anything about it