View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking LSD during Opiate withdraws.

Tristan52799

Greenlighter
Okay, so I'm trying to get off oxycodone. I've been hooked for months now. I hate it, it's ruining my life and the withdraws are terrible. I have some super pure LSD and I'm wondering if it would flush my body during the withdraws and help me merge and realize who I am again. Will it make the withdraws worse? Any people with experience of this, can you please give me advice.

It helps while you're actually still tripping as LSD binds to dopamine and can feel "good" in a fairly hedonistic way if you set it up right. That being said my attempts to withdraw from opiods using LSD were successful but resulted in me abusing LSD which I didn't think was possible. Tripping multiple times a week, at home alone, sometimes multiple days in a row. Needing to trip often to feel "normal" or process emotions at all.

I think it helped me with all my other addictions but once I ran out of acid it was a challenge to deal with how unfiltered and emotional I had become. I started drinking slightly too much and have had to quit that recently which was honestly not super difficult as I don't really care for alcohol.

(i had access to an abnormally large amount of LSD for a 19 year old with no drug connections, so this may not be a problem for you if you just have enough acid to 'reset' your habit)

wanting to become yourself again sounds like the right path to heal yourself of addiction, LSD was a godsend for processing my own flaws, my issue is that I enjoyed the creative super energy of the trip itself and largely ignored much of the therapeutic potential to be had in well rationed doses.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I have about 12 hits in all. But exactly how did you make it therapeutic and what were your thoughts? Didn't feel any withdraws?

I mean you feel the withdrawal but it's quicker and it doesn't bother you nearly as much. I'd say take a full dose (depending on the batch it varies, but overall I'd say for most people getting moderate/mild strength acid its usually 3 or 4 hits. Strong LSD tabs it's usually more like 1-2 unless you just like to get absolutely zoned into overwhelming psychedelia.

Wait like a full 2 weeks between trips. At least one week. Write down thoughts or emotions as they come. Trip alone or with a small group of trusted friends in a safe enviornment where you feel most at peace. Reflect on all the aspects of your substance abuse, not just the negative but the enjoyment you get from it as well. Try to imagine you're someone other than yourself watching you make your mistakes and see if you can empathize with the emotional roots of the behavior while remaining detached enough to analyze your behavior objectively. Meditate and try to keep a clear mind in contrast to the analysis so you don't feel mentally overworked or emotionally drained. And kinda try to love yourself and understand why and how you've gotten to where you are, while trying to hope and imagine where you might be if you start making better choices.

And the next time you want to take opiates ( you will, later when you realize you could take a small amount and feel great.) I would highly recommend checking out getting some red vein kratom from a reliable vendor on the Web, it's affordable if you shop around and downright WONDERFUL stuff for opiate post acute withdrawal syndrome: nihilism, empty pleasure / anhedonia, cravings etc.

Kratom (or Mitragyna Speciosa) is a mild plant used to chew or make tea and doesn't leave a strong craving compared to pharms/ heroin. Plus no respiratory depression strong enough to kill adult humans unlike booze/opiods. I actually find it empathy inducing in a want that's like a super low key cheerful mushroom trip with a serene but lively if mild hashish/morphine like buzz stabilizing the extroverted giddiness.

^^ Beware though, I was addicted to kratom for 7 years, ended up taking it 3-5 times a day, every day, the withdrawals were in some ways worse than true opiate withdrawals (mainly the restlessness was worse). kratom is addictive as well, not to say it can't help. But it's hitting the mu opiate receptor as well, so it's not like you can take kratom and mask withdrawals and then stop and have no withdrawals.

As far as taking psychedelics during withdrawals, I don't recommend it because psychedelics can strongly amplify what you're feeling. It could make the withdrawals and emotional state even worse. I would recommend getting through withdrawals and then taking a psychedelc, with the purpose of reflecting and hopefully gaining strength to resist going back.

I think that it depends a lot on the person.
But I would suggest to take small dose of LSD, to start the day.. but a microdose lets say.. That maybe can help with some unbalance in your brain chemistry..
You could search for Ibogaine if you want to just take off all the symptoms..

Keep shining man, hope you can pass this little challenge. :)

As far as kratom being addictive it most definitely is I use it at least once a day. I am careful not to become any more dependant on it than I am, I would just much rather deal with kratom than go back to pharms.

Tripping during withdrawal can be a bit of a double edged sword, IME. It can certainly help sustain the motivation to get clean and allow you to see through some of the cognitive dissonance etc. caused by addiction but, as Xorkoth says, it does tend to amplify the sensation of all the unpleasant stuff.

Personally, I think the best approach would be to make sure you have have as little tolerance to psychedelics as possible and trip just before going cold turkey. That way, things shouldn't get too nasty while you're still properly tripping but some psychedelic "afterglow" would hopefully persist through the worst of the acute phase of withdrawal. Then once over the hump, the occasional light trip could maybe help keep things on track.