• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

taking LSD alone ? Home or outside in nature ?

De Light

Greenlighter
Swim planing to take lsd alone for first time . he is experienced with the drug and know what to expect . he has done it with his friends few times before but now he want to experience it alone as Swim is sure he is going to have better and more profound experience . when does it with friends he always have to worry about what they thinking and if they are okay and enjoying the trip?! and if he thinks they might not enjoying it he feels bad and get the negative vibe from it and it ruins the trip for him.

Now Swim doesn't know if its better to take it at home or out in nature .his original plan was to go outside but since the ideal place is long way from home and requires quite a bit of planning and preparation he is considering taking it at home. also taking it at home is guaranteed that Swim dont get bored as he has internet and plenty things to do.

but swim heard that if you do it at home , specially in small house (like his) the experience going to be more trippy more hallucinations and visuals and overall more overwhelming ! Swim wants to know if thats true . since all his experiences with lsd were outside in nature Swim is not quit sure if taking it at home alone is what he wants ! so considering above ((advantage and disadvantage of taking it at home) whats your advice ?how would you compare taking it inside small house and outside in nature ?
do you also find the experience more enjoyable alone ?

cheers

Personally I don't enjoy tripping alone very much. Then again, I don't like tripping around most people, because as you mentioned it's not fun to worry about their thoughts. I find that my best trips are with people that I'm very close to that I don't have to worry about. We can all be ourselves no matter how trippy it gets. I am just very particular about who I trip with and where it happens. As far as tripping in a small house, I personally find it really unpleasant. Tripping indoors is okay for me if I have a BIG house to wander around in, change rooms whenever the energy gets too intense, etc, but in a small house or apartment I would not want to be frying because I like to wander and run around and be free.

My ideal situation would be with a "home" or base camp setup for comfort, warmth, food, etc, but able to walk to actual wilderness, and a few really cool people who know how to handle their shit and don't act like dorks or say stupid things (always fucks up a trip..). Hard to come by though, so usually I just end up taking a smaller dose in whatever setting I've compromised on.

edit: I guess I didn't really address the question much. I've asked around about this too and a lot of people seem to enjoy tripping alone, but for me the experience is so much better when there's other people that I actually like. If I'm tripping around someone I don't really like hanging out with, it just becomes so much more apparent that I don't like them.

it depends on what you want to do.

iv always wanted to trip somewhere secluded in nature.

but for someone else it could bring up discomfort/loneliness and other perceived negative emotions.

i'm heavily introverted so in my past almost all of my psychedelic and drug experiences have been by myself. some euphoric and transcendent times were had, also some terrifying fear and on one occasion a temporary loss of sanity.

if i ever tripped again i would want to do it in the presence of a sober trip sitter who i trust and has experience with uncertain realms of consciousness.

Swim planing to take lsd alone for first time . he is experienced with the drug and know what to expect . he has done it with his friends few times before but now he want to experience it alone as Swim is sure he is going to have better and more profound experience . when does it with friends he always have to worry about what they thinking and if they are okay and enjoying the trip?! and if he thinks they might not enjoying it he feels bad and get the negative vibe from it and it ruins the trip for him.

Now Swim doesn't know if its better to take it at home or out in nature .his original plan was to go outside but since the ideal place is long way from home and requires quite a bit of planning and preparation he is considering taking it at home. also taking it at home is guaranteed that Swim dont get bored as he has internet and plenty things to do.

but swim heard that if you do it at home , specially in small house (like his) the experience going to be more trippy more hallucinations and visuals and overall more overwhelming ! Swim wants to know if thats true . since all his experiences with lsd were outside in nature Swim is not quit sure if taking it at home alone is what he wants ! so considering above ((advantage and disadvantage of taking it at home) whats your advice ?how would you compare taking it inside small house and outside in nature ?
do you also find the experience more enjoyable alone ?

cheers

Hey man, welcome to Bluelight :) For future reference, using terms like 'SWIM' is actually against the rules here. Its too confusing to read and will not help to protect you.

I enjoy taking psychedelics by myself, inside or outside. I fidn that if I am alone, I tend to prefer being inside, at my house or wherever. I can then really get into my own mind, watch the eyelid theatre and trip out. Some of my most intense experiences have been alone, eyes closed. For me, really letting go is difficult in company. I would urge caution if you feel you are inexperienced or require company in general; but if you feel safe by yourself and are able to communicate clearly with yourself, go for it.

Why don't you do a bit of both? Take your hit at home, but go for a walk and an explore somewhere familiar outside. Both worlds. :)

every time I was being still or indoors on LSD it felt wrong like I should be doing something active, it's the perfect psych IMO for wandering around the woodland just lost in thought, going on little 'missions' with your friends or w/e. very fun. then at the 4-6 hour mark and you're tiring out it gets a bit more inward/shroom like and you can just sit and think and take it all in. on your own though, I dont know, if i wasn't with friends I could have easily lost my grounding and become lost/scared. I'd recommend having a 'base' as your house or something, where you can get water and supplies, start there and when you're feeling it properly, decide whether you want to venture outdoors. I guess unless you've got easy access to countryside it might be hard though.

I love taking LSD & just chilling in my room, spending hours & hours listening to music, deep in thought, analyzing any thought that comes into my head from every possible perspective I can imagine, watching the visuals go by...any psychedelics really aren't social drugs for me either, when I'm tripping it's like the ultimate "alone time", allows me to decompress from normal life, social obligations, etc, and see everything with a better perspective, figure out anything I've been trying to figure out recently. Other people's vibes tend to mess with my trips, especially since I've never known anyone who handles psychedelics as well as I do (or if they do they have vastly different ideas about what to do while tripping, they're like the merry pranksters I'm like Timothy Leary).

Going outside on LSD is great as well, however I have some nice woods to go run around in very close to my house, nice parks as well, so it's easy enough for me to decide to go out & visit those places once I start tripping, or alternately if I am outside in one of those places it's very easy for me to decide to walk home & be back in like 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm the sort of person who normally spends a lot of his spare time hiding from the sun, reading books or fucking around on the internet. But LSD just begs me to get some fresh air and move my legs. Everything from trees to cracks in the sidewalk are incredibly beautiful on acid, and walking always seems to get rid of excess physical "jitteriness" or restlessness.

Casting another vote for outdoors, my favourite trips have all been outside. You could bring portable entertainment like music and a book if you're worried about getting bored. It is nice to be able to take a hot shower, make snacks, whatever, at the end, so it would be good if you had a safe way to get home, not having to drive yourself, in case you want to get back to your cave before everything's completely finished.

I fortunately had the experience of taking acid in the late 60s, I don't believe what is out there now is anywhere near as good as what we had then, taking it at home you might end up having people coming to visit therefor ending the alone part of your trip, if you go out to nature as you said that would take planning as you wouldn't be able to drive yourself back (shouldn't be able to drive yourself back, if it's any good at all) if something were to occur that would make you not be comfortable out there.

I think if the friends came to the house and they were not high they would tend to want to mess with you thus possibly ruining your trip, I wouldn't take acid by myself out in nature the way it used to be anyway, you could end up freaking out over some noises or some stupid crap that would creep into your mind. and if a pack of wolves were stalking you then you wouldn't know if they were real or not then you may end up being wolf turds by morning.

^By "anywhere near as good" you must mean that doses aren't laid anywhere near as strong, because the LSD molecule hasn't changed at all since the 60's :)
From anecdotal reports, I think it's true that acid was generally dosed a lot higher back then. I think another part that comes into play is that we're more accustomed to the psychedelic state now days, so it's less debilitating.

Speaking of wolves, I had an acid trip in the wild with wolves around - they weren't really close but we could hear them howling in the valley, and we came across a spot where they had been sleeping. It wasn't scary at all; they knew we were there, and we knew they were there and we were all OK with each other. Wolves don't prey on adult humans who are walking around, healthy and alert. You have to be smart though and not leave food lying around, or bring your pet chinchilla etc.

I think bears, elk and moose are a bit scarier, less predictable.

At home, in air conditioned comfort. With no one to bother you or no distractions that are not of your own choosing. That's the only way I've ever tripped....in isolation/indoors without 'nature'. I've often wondered what it would be like to trip inside of an MRI scanner.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

thanks guys some interesting responses here . looks likes most people prefer out side, which make sense kind of. I think I am going with my original plan. but Iam going to do it properly. it might sounds crazy but I am going to get my bike and take a train to nearest national park with huge landscapes and beautiful scenery . it is 100 miles away from my place tho lol . I am going to take the L in the morning and stay there for the night and come back the day after. I dont know if any of you would ever consider doing this (or you may have already done it) but I always wanted to do it for long time and I think now its the time .plz let me know if you have done something like this.
I made my decision but I still would love to read more of your opinions on the subject.

^ that doesn't sound crazy at all, sounds like an ideal plan! Bicycles and LSD go hand in hand! Trains too.
Pack light, but with all the things you need to make sure you have your survival taken care of: warmth, water, snacks, sunglasses.

^ that doesn't sound crazy at all, sounds like an ideal plan! Bicycles and LSD go hand in hand! Trains too.
Pack light, but with all the things you need to make sure you have your survival taken care of: warmth, water, snacks, sunglasses.

Thanks mate . yes I defiantly make sure to take those things. and portable speaker for music :)

I love tripping alone, too. Or, with like minded folks... Also we're i use to live, where it was safe peaceful at the time... Riding my ten speed all night long was quite an adventure indeed... bottom line is, the mind set before the journey is paramount ...

The thing with tripping alone is that you really don't feel alone.

You can do both. Go outside, and then later go inside, or vice-versa.

That's what I would do when I would trip on LSD and mushrooms.