• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Taking acid? Do's and don'ts. Fun activities?

For serious "emergency's":

HAVE ANTIPSYCHOTICS ON STANDBY!

Trazdaone is great for this and widely prescribed.

Olanzipine also in my opinion is the strongest easily accessible antipsychotic. This will definitely end a trip.

Also I just wanna point out the difference between benzos and antipsychotics:

Using a benzo such as xanax to "kill" a trip doesn't really work. It'll probably make you a little calmer, but it won't kill the negative thought loops or psychosis.

Whereas antipsychotics such as trazadone, olanzipine (the best), completely KILL the trip!

I can't go into detail on how they work cause I'm high, but basically, antipsychotics work at the "root" of the problem, whereas benzos just kinda "dull" it and help with anxiety.

Concerts or festivals, anywhere safe and supportive for tripping. Or sometimes just getting naked in a darkened room, curling up into a little ball, and screaming in extensial terror for 8 hours is fun too, if you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m too much of an introvert for a concert tripping I need all my mental faculties to just be at a concert weed and oxy is fine but I can’t lose control

these do’s and don’ts are personal and everyone is different

tripping do’s: drink orange juice, smoke weed, go outside, look at the sky at night, listen to music, sit by a fire, look at water it looks so beautiful like glittering diamonds, outdoors everything, go camping; set up b4 you drop, dance!, look at your pets I swear my cat would know and I could see every single individual strand of fur on her body, watch the sunrise it will be so beautiful you will be in awe of the world

tripping don’t: don’t be around people you don’t trust, don’t talk to your parents or go to your family home if you have a contentious history with your past, don’t look in the mirror, don’t drive!
Your missing out on a nice experience,I also like dosing camping,rafting,and the beach but none of them compare to tripping at a show,not even fucking close..

It was unpredictable for the first 15 years or so. Being in a beautiful spot in nature, not having people around to worry about, being with people I really trusted, those things helped but sometimes something difficult was just ready to come up. I had a lot of trauma so there was a lot of stuff to come up.

For the past few years things have been consistently without difficulty. I think this is because I’ve learned over the years to be embodied, to allow and accept all the sensations in my body and to feel and accept my emotions. This has taken time, and all those difficult psychedelic journeys helped. I had a bunch of experiences where I became lots of different people going through intense suffering in lots of different ways, and this really helped me learn to let go and accept. I’ve also done a ton of meditation where lots of stuff came to the surface and this helped too. Anything that helps you feel comfortable in your own skin. I like to feel the ground (or floor or chair etc) supporting me, and realize that I am not holding myself up but am held by the ground. There is a basic sense of security and love I find there.

Unless you are brand new to tripping I would honestly recommend rolling right into 250 mcg.
I did it like this and am incredibly happy in retrospect (though this was many years ago now). Swimming with friends is a great activity (have a sober baby sitter), drawing or playing music is just spectacular. LSD is not as visual as it is confusing and creativity boosting. Tripping with multiple people on LSD is a intrinsically comical experience. Do it in a perfect setting with sober people that you trust. Have a plan if things go south (breathing exercises, trip killers, changes in scenery.) Meditate for days leading up to your trip, never do it on a whim. Don't take acid when you have shit that you haven't had time to at least partially work through. (Although tripping will force you to deal with it, its not pleasant to have an anxiety riddled peak) I say if you're going to so LSD, do a decent dose very occasionally. Lower doses have never had an apeal to me. 200mcg+ LSD is cool because it turns 8 hours into a trip full of distinct episodes and bizarre running themes. Too often doing acid is so draining compared to more sedating hallucinogens, because you really have to work through the whole experience. Unless you gave yourself 10 hours before bed, you will need to count and meditate to sleep. This is really hard lmao, but you have to force yourself to think about nothing other than counting. Otherwise, if you prefer, a benzodiazepine will negate this.
Be ready to feel like a lunatic, thats like 30% of the LSD experience